What is the earliest I can board?

Typcially boarding begins around 10:30-11:00am. The Windjammer will be open for lunch at that time, but you cannot get into your stateroom until approximately 1pm. The pool area is usually around to hang out (you can pack a swimsuit in your carryon) and you can do things like make spa appointments and check your table in the main dining room.

Unless there are delays in getting the previous cruise's passengers off the ship, check-in procedures usually begin around 11 am and boarding may start by 11:30. We have frequently been onboard before noon. A few weeks ago in Santo Domingo, my wife and I were the first passengers to check in and were onboard by 11:15. Access to your stateroom is usually not possible until 1pm but in the meantime lunch is available in the Windjammer. On Legend of the Seas, all of our luggage was delivered to our stateroom before 1:30pm.:)

If you get on early, which we always do, bring whatever you will need for the day. For use that includes bathing suites and sunscreen. It will be a while before you get your luggage. But, getting on early gives you almost another entire day to enjoy the ship.

My friend just called RCI about the EOS sailing this saturday March 8th and they told her 1 pm which seems really late. We were hoping to be able to grab some seats by the pool and some lunch. We don't want to show up at 1pm with half of the ship already boarded.

My friend just called RCI about the EOS sailing this saturday March 8th and they told her 1 pm which seems really late. We were hoping to be able to grab some seats by the pool and some lunch. We don't want to show up at 1pm with half of the ship already boarded.

Typically they tell people 1pm because they don't want a mad rush at 11am. I have done four cruises and all four times was on board before noon.

Ok great thanks. That is what I figured but also didn't want to show up at the port and have to sit around for 2 hours.

Next Question:

I am assuming that everyone in a stateroom must be present together in order to board?

Next Question:

I am assuming that everyone in a stateroom must be present together in order to board?

You do not all have to board together. As long as you each have separate SetSail Passes you can show up at any time.

have always been on board by noon....once as early as 10:30. we usually just wake up, have a casual breakfast at the hotel, will go to get some water and caffeine free drinks in san juan, then head for the ship.

have a great trip!

Beverly

Archived