Voyager class hump cabins?

We were in a hump cabin on the Voyager for a TransAtlantic in April. We had four chairs on the balcony. Fabulous location. LOVED this cabin so much, we booked it for another TransAtlantic (15 days) in November. See pictures.

33c99jt.jpg

20f5bo1.jpg

I hope you come back cujosmom - I'd really love to know what cabni this is. I was just able to switch to a hump cabin on 9 for my Mariner cruise.

Thanks

Do you happen to have pictures of 8086? We are in 8086 on Serenade in 2010 and are very excited.....

Although I don't have a pic of 8086, we were in 8088 and our friends in 8086 in April on the Serenade. Fabulous location, and huge balcony, you will love it. Funny story - the balcony is big enough that it has a lounge chair - and my friend's hubby sometimes snores like crazy - she spent half the cruise sleeping out there on the lounge!

Thanks for sharing the picture. We are in 9614 on the Navigator next year :D Assuming it's probably the same configuration. Always nice to know what we're looking forward to! :D February needs to come very soon :p

Thanks SO much for posting this! I'm leaving Sunday on the Mariner and am getting to see my hump balcony (MY FIRST BALCONY) before we even get to port! Thanks again.. :)

I quoted the wrong message.. lol I was meaning to quote the picture of the balconies on the Mariner... lol

Have a great time Meggie711... I was checking on RCCL today and saw a mid-hump D1 cabin on 9 open (same category we had) and I called quickly and switched to it! Someone probably upgraded to a suite! Last time my DH and I had a hump balcony on Radiance we booked it 8 months ahead of time and it was the last one left. I'm very excited!

Are you in a D1? If so, I'd love to hear how you liked the room and balcony when you return.

I hope you come back cujosmom - I'd really love to know what cabni this is. I was just able to switch to a hump cabin on 9 for my Mariner cruise.

Thanks

Sorry, we've been out of town and just now checking the board. The hump cabin we were in was 8620 an E-1 balcony.

Sorry, we've been out of town and just now checking the board. The hump cabin we were in was 8620 an E-1 balcony.

Thanks! I'm going to be one deck up in 9622 - I hope our balcony is as big as that one!

Thanks,

Barb

Have a great time Meggie711... I was checking on RCCL today and saw a mid-hump D1 cabin on 9 open (same category we had) and I called quickly and switched to it! Someone probably upgraded to a suite! Last time my DH and I had a hump balcony on Radiance we booked it 8 months ahead of time and it was the last one left. I'm very excited!

Are you in a D1? If so, I'd love to hear how you liked the room and balcony when you return.

We are going to be in 7622, I BELIEVE an E1 (not too sure on that stuff). E-something. :)

I'll certainly be back to post a review, so be looking for it. It's our first balcony, first 7-day, first on this itinerary, first on a ship this big.... :)

We are going to be in 7622, I BELIEVE an E1 (not too sure on that stuff). E-something. :)

I'll certainly be back to post a review, so be looking for it. It's our first balcony, first 7-day, first on this itinerary, first on a ship this big.... :)

thanks Meggie - I was originally in cat E1 7610 with my Mom but there was a senior discount on D1's that saved us a couple of hundred dollars. When we first changed to the D1 the best cabin was 6352 but today I saw 9622 was available and jumped on it.

DH and I had a mid-hump 7th deck cabin on Radiance last year for Alaska and just loved it. It is so quiet in the little hallway and so convenient to the stairs and elevator.

I'm also excited about doing the Eastern - I've done the Western a few times. I hope the week we go is hurricane free! When we cruise during hurricane season its possible that the ship will go a completely different route.. I've been very lucky so far.

Thanks! I'm going to be one deck up in 9622 - I hope our balcony is as big as that one!

Thanks,

Barb

Barb - DH and I had 9622 on the Mariner - it's a wonderful, perfect location!!! Just a few flights up or down will get you just about everywhere you need to be on the ship. It's super close to the elevators too (although we didn't use them except when I was wearing too high heels! lol). There's no need to worry about noise either - you shouldn't hear a thing. The cabin itself is probably normal size, but there are a few feet between the curtain and the balcony door where you can store some extras, if needed. Expect to be one of the two most "humped" cabins in this location. Honestly, that's not a huge deal because to see all the way forward you really have to lean out to look, but it's fun being able to see from forward to aft. Don't expect the balcony to be any larger than a typical D balcony; although, it *may* be a hair larger (I've never seen confirmation of this). We had room for 3 chairs, a table and had some room to spare.

ENJOY your cruise and CONGRATS on getting such a great cabin!!!

Barb - DH and I had 9622 on the Mariner - it's a wonderful, perfect location!!! Just a few flights up or down will get you just about everywhere you need to be on the ship. It's super close to the elevators too (although we didn't use them except when I was wearing too high heels! lol). There's no need to worry about noise either - you shouldn't hear a thing. The cabin itself is probably normal size, but there are a few feet between the curtain and the balcony door where you can store some extras, if needed. Expect to be one of the two most "humped" cabins in this location. Honestly, that's not a huge deal because to see all the way forward you really have to lean out to look, but it's fun being able to see from forward to aft. Don't expect the balcony to be any larger than a typical D balcony; although, it *may* be a hair larger (I've never seen confirmation of this). We had room for 3 chairs, a table and had some room to spare.

ENJOY your cruise and CONGRATS on getting such a great cabin!!!

Thanks Michelle! My DH and I had an E2 in the middle of the hump on deck 8 on Radiance last summer. The balcony was very nice and it was really nice to be able to lean out and see both forward and aft!

I'd seen the photo earlier on this thread that showed a balcony that looked pretty deep compared to ours on Radiance. Is that about the size of 9622's balcony? I'm sailing with my mom in that cabin and my daughter and sister-in-law are in an inside cabin. That balcony looks large enough that the four of us could sit out there and enjoy the view. (Leaving DH home for this trip)

I'd seen the photo earlier on this thread that showed a balcony that looked pretty deep compared to ours on Radiance. Is that about the size of 9622's balcony? I'm sailing with my mom in that cabin and my daughter and sister-in-law are in an inside cabin. That balcony looks large enough that the four of us could sit out there and enjoy the view. (Leaving DH home for this trip)

Oh, I WISH I could compare balconies, but I can't. The Mariner was our first, and only, cruise to date. From what I understand, the hump balconies on the Voyager class are the same as the "regular" balconies. If you want a bigger balcony, then you'll need to look at an aft cabin or a suite. I think the four of you can squeeze on 9622's balcony, but only expect 2 chairs. We had 3 with enough room to move in and out - a 4th chair would have blocked the door. Have a WONDERFUL girls trip!!!

Michelle,

I just noticed in your signature what I thought was a countdown clock for a cruise, but I see its so much better than that!

Congatulations!

Barb

THANK you so much!!! Our family was planning on cruising next spring, but plans change. ;) Knowing that we're getting a baby instead has certainly helped my cruise planning obsession, BUT we ARE planning a cruise in 2010 and cannot wait! We're doing the very family friendly Freedom next time around.

OK, found out it's a D1, middleish hump (go figure, it was on the luggage tag).. lol I'll be back for a review in a week or so!!! We're leaving town in... 6.5 hours! :D

Archived