sending credit card number to confirm with Nativeway

H20life

Native Way Watersports requires you to fax your credit card number to confirm. They list their fax number as 1-335-946-8660. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their credit card number being misused, but still I am leary about sending it. Is the aforementioned number the one I use, or do I need to any a country code or anything? The last thing I want to do is fax my number to the wrong place!

Anyone who has sent their number to Native Way, is that the number you used and did everything go ok?

Thanks!

If you have a card issued by Citi Bank you can use their virtual card system. It can only be used once and you can put in a max amount, We use it frequently for most of our bill paying and it works great

When are you going to touring with Nativeway?

H20Life, I too am leary about faxing my credit card number. I wrote to them asking them if there was some other way, like calling, etc and even asked questions about how long we would be staying in Rum Point. They didn't write me back and that was last Friday. I am thinking of not doing this excursion now. :(

Nativeway is so popular and very busy. They will get back with you...give it some time. As for faxing the credit card, we did last month for 20 people and had no problem. It was the best day of our whole cruise and Rum Point is FABULOUS!!! We did the Ray, Reef , and Rum Point tour. I would highly recommend this. It took up our whole day and had no time for shopping afterwards, but I guess that saved us some $$.

One more thing I forgot to add...we stayed at Rum Point for 2 hours max. The lunch was delicious, and they take your order while your on the boat. It will be served when you arrive. Great concept! I'm thinking of recommending this to Marva Shaw in Jamaica because we were at a restaurant with her son and waited an eternity for our food, which cut into our tour time, and ended up not having enough time for the beach.

Thanks for the responses. I am planning to do the Ray, Reef, and Rum Point - sounds great. I've had good communication from them so far. If you haven't heard from them, I would try emailing again. I emailed today to say I would be sending my cc# and they wrote back immediately. I tried to fax the number and it didn't go through... Maybe I need to add a country code or something? I don't have citibank or I would try that method and send the number through an email...

I may try calling...

*edit* I just called them and gave them the number that way. I will watch my credit card statement extra carefully, but I am not too worried as I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with them - I was more worried about faxing to the wrong place.

The only thing that would keep them from getting right back to you would be because they are busy that day making their guests feel like family-I speak from first hand experience. Email again, I know they're having trouble with their website right now, not sure if that includes their email also...

We didn't like the idea of faxing CC info either, but we did and all was fine. No other code needed, the # posted is the # you fax it to.

Email Sharon again, she WANTS you to have a good time in Grand Cayman, give them a chance, you WILL NOT be sorry :)

They list their fax number as 1-335-946-8660. ...

- I was more worried about faxing to the wrong place.

Good thing. The area code for Cayman is 345, not 335. Otherwise it is just like dialing a long distance call in the States... 1+ area code + number.

Just and FYI- Nativeway just confirmed they recieved my CC# fax. They asked for no additional information. That may be the way to go if anyone is nervous about sending thier cc information.

I used them in 2005 and we had the best tour of our life! Give them time, they are very busy. Their tours are awesome. We would have liked to have had more time at Rum Point (I think we had about an hour or so). But in order for us to do the snorkeling and stingray city, this is the way it was. My teens had so much fun on this tour....you won't be disappointed!

Native Way Watersports requires you to fax your credit card number to confirm. They list their fax number as 1-335-946-8660. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with their credit card number being misused, but still I am leary about sending it. Is the aforementioned number the one I use, or do I need to any a country code or anything? The last thing I want to do is fax my number to the wrong place!

Anyone who has sent their number to Native Way, is that the number you used and did everything go ok?

Thanks!

I faxed ours and then when we got to Grand Caymen they said they didn't have it and they cancelled the RRR tour. Sounded funny to us but since we where already standing there they said that we could take another tour. This was the second "mix up" we had with them, so I will be watching my credit card statement very closely.:confused:

i just talked to Sharon to give her my credit card number and she was really nice. She just wanted the number and expiration. I am looking forward to this tour. :)

You will not be sorry! Have a blast!!! We met 4 of the guides, they were all friendly and fun and you will for sure have a great time-if Sheldon ends up being your guide you will have a WILD time-he is hilarious!!!!!!!! He has tons of respect for the ocean and sea life but will go out of his way to make sure you have loads of fun and laughs:

SheldonandBigMamaGrandCayman.jpg

Watch everything he does, he's like a wild survivor man and will just jump in with no equipment and come up with huge conch shells like it's nothing!

Great times...

• 2 weeks later...

Native Way's web site FAQ says that the credit card will not be charged when you make the reservation. Is this true? You're reserving the spot, and the card will be charged whether or not you show, unless you cancel in advance?

Just trying to figure out when the card is charged. Thanks! :)

I reserved with Native Ways. From what I understand you pay when you get there. You can pay cash or credit card at the time of the tour. If you use your credit card, there is a 4 % fee. Your credit card is charged if you don't show up I guess. Hope this helps.

Here is a portion of the email that Sharon sent to me.

"Your credit card will not be charged for the tour, just used to insure that you will show up. You will pay on our tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. If you pay via credit card, you will be charged a 4% processing fee."

"We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the Rays, and complimentary punch and bottled water. At Rum Point, you will be given a nice grilled lunch. After the tour, you will have two options for drop off: back to the pier, or, at 7-mile beach (where you can taxi back to the pier at any time for $4 per person).

We ask that you provide at least one week advance notice to cancel. If your ship is unable to dock in Grand Cayman , we will automatically cancel your reservation, at no cost to you."

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked w/ Nativeway. Called Sharon by phone, felt more comfortable giving cc by phone. She was very professional and assured me card would not be charged if ship doesn't dock. Looking forward to this Stingray, Coral Garden, and Starfish tour. Thanks for all your great recommendations, helps to know who to use.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone done any "recent" tours with Native Way? We are looking at doing thier Rays, Reef and Rum point tour...emailed 5 days ago...no word?

Payment...credit card info to hold...then pay in Cash...not sure how they do their booking payments?? :confused:

Please share your experience with us?

Pat :)

Archived