Senior Discount at 55?

jayscore

I'll be interested in what posters have to say on this. I've filled out the online search engines for pricing and never have gotten a different price for having a 55 year old booking. It might be the 55 rate is equal to the past guest rate.

My understanding is that only certain cruises qualify for the senior discount. If I am wrong, someone please let me know. I would be thrilled if the discount applied to each cruise. Only one person in the cabin has to be 55 in order for all occupants to qualify for the discount.

To answer the question, yes the senior discount is for 55 and over.

Is it pertinent to the cruise you have booked?...you will have to call whomever and ask them.

Any idea wht discount you get being 55 or older?

Any idea wht discount you get being 55 or older?

As the other poster above said it depends on the cruise, if its not selling well they will offer a certain number of cabins. Iv seen it at $299 for a OV on Ecstasy but by the end of a few hours at night the price jumped ot $349 the next day, still a senior rate, but check often, the price will jump as soon as the set # of cabins sell then they push up the price to the next level.

If you see a good price it probably wouldnt last the day.

As the other poster above said it depends on the cruise, if its not selling well they will offer a certain number of cabins. Iv seen it at $299 for a OV on Ecstasy but by the end of a few hours at night the price jumped ot $349 the next day, still a senior rate, but check often, the price will jump as soon as the set # of cabins sell then they push up the price to the next level.

If you see a good price it probably wouldnt last the day.

Thanks!

So would your PVP let you know about this and automatically apply it at booking? My father is 60 and the PVP took his year of birth, etc at booking and never mentioned anything about a discount. Should I contact her to see if this should have been applied? I just looked at our cruise and when I put in the senior discount code it shows it applying to suites so I can't see why it wouldn't apply to our interior? or do they sometimes just pick certain rooms to apply the discount to?

Any idea why are 55 and older cheaper?

I'm sure they like being cheaper, but is there some reason for Carnival to give them the discount? If it's to fill up slow selling cruises, they could offer the discounted rate to everyone and get even a better response.

Seems odd to me.

My DH qualifies for the Senior Rate and we saved $500.00 on Cat 11 for our 5/4/08 sailing on the Destiny. Not only is the senior rate only valid on certain cruises, sometimes it is only valid on certain Catagories. On our particular sailing the senior rate was good for Cat 11 only. Saved closed to $250.00 using senior discount at Sheraton in OSJ for pre cruise so as I sometimes like to say "it pays to be married to a geezer". But I will also say I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to that "geezer"

Any idea why are 55 and older cheaper?

I'm sure they like being cheaper, but is there some reason for Carnival to give them the discount? If it's to fill up slow selling cruises, they could offer the discounted rate to everyone and get even a better response.

Seems odd to me.

If they made the regular fare cheaper then folks who were already booked would all be calling them to have their fares lowered for OBC like you hear here? :eek:

so they offer it to a select group, maybe a few states, florida, georgia and arizona, or whatever states have the fewest booked on that cruise, its also states they offer last minute too. Seems like these last minute sales are about 3 weeks before the cruise date to me.

Archived