Soda Pass Question

pylant

I am trying to figure out if myself and hubby could get away with 1 soda pass. Can you order 2 drinks at a time or do they have long lines. For instance in the bar if we wanted orange juice and cranberry juice or if we wanted 2 sodas while sitting on the deck. I don't want to have to carry around a bunch of drinks but want to make sure we both can get our moneys worth paying for 2 passes.

They do serve diet coke.

plyant - you're going to get flamed on here for even suggesting sharing a soda card... but I can tell you that if you buy both, you will never really have trouble getting the soda. You can, with your pass, get as much soda/juices as you want.

The soda cards are suppose to be purchased per person. The person who bought the card is the only person to be able to purchase one soda at a time. This is pretty much a hot topic on here.

That being said we have ordered 2 sodas at a time on one card no problem:)

Sorry didn't mean any offense by sharing a soda card, everyone before kept telling me to take my own soda and I know I don't want to carry it around so was just asking how they worked. I have never cruised before and there are 4 of us we are buying them for our sons and was just trying to see if it was worth me and hubby both getting one or not. The bars are the only place really that I think it would come in handy and I really doubt we will be spending a ton of time in there but was just checking.

Trust me..the bars are EVERYWHERE - lol... and if there isn't a bar nearby there is someone walking around and asking if you want a drink. If you drink alot of soda it's worth having the card. If you just like to have an occasional soda or one with dinnner or something than probably not worth your while. Also they only have coke products so if you like Pepsi or Mt. Dew you will have to bring your own.

Have a great cruise!

I bought the soda card for my son, and he got every penny's worth! However, I only drank about 7 sodas the whole cruise...so that was about 11 bucks worth of soda...certainly not worth another card. Yes, a few times I had my son go use his card to get me a soda...so shoot me! Flame away...send me straight to hell! :D :eek:

WELL send me with the others..................

DW and I have shared a card several times.:eek:

We are debating even getting one now. I am of the narrow minded opinon that they somewhat expect adults to share. Why else would an adult card cost more than a youth card? I mean really, who drinks more sodas?? The kids of course.;)

To the OP you are supposed to be only able to get one at a time. I believe Kurban's comment that many waiters will bring you two if asked.

Enjoy your cruise and get ready to be addicted.:D

Good question. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to as well. Also, does anybody know if they serve diet coke? Thanks

Yes, they serve Diet Coke...... assuming they reloaded in port Sunday as I did my best to wipe their supply out on the Legend last week.

The sodas cost about $2 each after including the 15% gratuity on each one, so if you're an adult the card is about $44. If you drink 3 a day ore more, the card is worth it. I am a "Diet Coke-aholic" and got way more than my money's worth out of the card! (I usually had three each night with dinner!)

IMHO, it would be hard to get two at a time with one card. I didn't see anyone try to get two at a time but they really checked the card early in the cruise and not as thoroughly at the end of the week - or maybe they started to recognize me......

IMHO, it would be hard to get two at a time with one card. I didn't see anyone try to get two at a time but they really checked the card early in the cruise and not as thoroughly at the end of the week - or maybe they started to recognize me......

Can I ask how they checked:confused:

My wife and I both purchased a soda card and I would say probably got our money's worth out of it. But I found that the HUGE down side to it was the service. Especially in the main show room. Sometimes waiting up to 30 min to get soda. The reason for this is that the waiter/waitress doesn't get a tip from a soda, so they are reluctant to wait on you.

My wife and I both purchased a soda card and I would say probably got our money's worth out of it. But I found that the HUGE down side to it was the service. Especially in the main show room. Sometimes waiting up to 30 min to get soda. The reason for this is that the waiter/waitress doesn't get a tip from a soda, so they are reluctant to wait on you.

I agree! Now if anyone in our group has a soda card when we walk up to a bar to order we don't pull out the card until after they serve the soda. If they see the card first they usually ignore us until they get all their other orders.

I have read where kids can order Shirley Temples, Roy Rogers, cherry cokes with the soda passes. Can adults also order non alchol beverages in the bar using it?

Good question. I don't really drink sodas (little enough that I couldn't tell you which is a Coke product vs Pepsi, etc.) Are there other beverages I would want to purchase with the card? Also, I have one DD who doesn't like anything fizzy. Do you have to buy the soda card for all kids in your cabin? I was told this was the rule on other lines. As a first time cruiser, I have no idea what will be available as "free" beverage. Thanks!

You will be charged for three sodas. As to what else is there to drink free...On my last cruise, I became addicted to the lemonade available in the buffet. They also have iced tea. Next cruise I'm tempted to see if they can get it for me in the dining room. EM

You will be charged for three sodas. As to what else is there to drink free...On my last cruise, I became addicted to the lemonade available in the buffet. They also have iced tea. Next cruise I'm tempted to see if they can get it for me in the dining room. EM

Iced tea in the dining room? Absolutely-I drink it every meal.

Answer to some questions--you do not have to buy a soda card for every kid in your cabin. We just sailed and not everyone was a soda drinker--only those that drank soda got a card.

The 15% gratuity is added to soda card purchased as well--so technically the bartender is getting the tip--though I imagine their share per soda is minuscule.

Another tip shared on the board--if you are sailing from a port with sales tax (ex. Miami) and purchase that soda card while still in port--you will pay sales tax + 15% gratuity--bringing the $28 soda card to about $34!!!

There was free lemonade, fruit punch and water available all day. In the morning there was orange juice, apple juice and orange guava passion fruit juice (delicious). Also coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day as well.

Now, I did not see the iced tea in the dining room this time at all--but that could be because there were so many wine bottles on our table!! But iced tea with dinner was always a cruise staple!!

My friend got a soda card, and her sister did not. When she asked for a second soda (giner ale) to bring her sister who was ill with a sinus infection, the bartender gave her a hard time. Finally she said, look she has a card too, she is sick, I am just trying to make it easier by taking her 2 ginger ales at once, are you going to make me run back and forth twice? He gave it to her. I never noticed a delay in them getting service, not saying it didn't happen, just never noticed it.

I have read where kids can order Shirley Temples, Roy Rogers, cherry cokes with the soda passes. Can adults also order non alchol beverages in the bar using it?

All my girls drink on the cruise are shirley temples, and one also likes coke with cherries in it. They will do whatever. However you cannot get non-alcoholic drinks like pina coladas and such using the card. Those are a seperate charge all together. During shows ordering sodas is a big fat pain!! I tell my kids to get them from a bar on the way in. Or if I am ordering an alcoholic drink then it won't be a problem because I know they will come back with the sodas. At dinner the first night we let our bar waiter know my son will easily drink 3 sprites during dinner with those tiny glasses they use. From there on out he has always had 2 waiting for the girls, and 3 for my son. We always tip him extra on the last day for his service. Let them know the first night what you want during dinner each night and they will make it happen. He'd rather bring them all then keep running back and forth. Asking with the right attitude and a smile and these guys are willing to give you the moon! In fact I have received several after dinner cocktails on the house!!;) My girls make friends with 1 or 2 pool bartenders and only go to them for their sodas while swimming. In fact as soon as they see them step to the bar they will hand their drinks to them before it's their turn to ask. It's all in the attitude!!:D

Archived