Cannes, FAQ

Jayne315

We have been to Cannes and the surrounding region many times (on driving trips and on cruises). We like Cannes as a place for dinner in the quaint Rue d'Atoine alley. But since most cruises leave long before dinner (nobody eats there much before 9) we find little reason to stay in town. There is a nice sandy free beach near the tender pier, but we don't use this as a beach day. We always rent a car and just drive-off to other places in the region such as St Paul de Vence (our favorite), Grasse, Eze, Antibes, and Nice. Its also possible to drive the other direction (west) and visit St Tropez. The nice thing about having our car is we do not have to make any advance plans, and simply what feels good at the time.

Hank

• 1 month later...
How you you spend a day on your own in Cannes....?

It depends how long you ship is in port. We were there all day and rented a car. We went to St Paul De Vance and I truly beleive it was the highlite of my cruise. I think I spelled it wrong, but I think you can get the jest of what I mean. You need good walking shoes, very uneven walking. It was so much fun!!!! When returned the car, we walked back to the ship and got a good look of the beach area. We must have walked 2 miles and it was also great. We were in port for 11 hours so we had more the enough time to do what we wanted to do.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Archived