Gift Suggestions for Girlfriends - Western Caribbean

In cozumel, there were several vendors in the shopping area- we purchased bracelets from a man who made them right in front of us, weaving our daughter's unusual name (Peyton) onto it. It was fun to watch and she appreciated the handiwork- I think it was only a few dollars.

They also had some great straw bags at one of the ports....

I agree, wait till you are in port and pick something then. Even if you buy in front of them you could always say it's for someone else, then present it all to them later if you want.

OR...

I did see gaggles of girls wearing matching t shirts or tank tops. You could get the shirts for a few bucks each at a 'mart and a package of t shirt transfers is about $8-$10. Design a graphic or spell out something and print it off on each shirt.

Have fun with your girls!

We bought wind chimes in a shop in Cozumel. They were 2 for $5.00 and were already packed flat and covered in strink wrap paper. They had some hanging up so you can see what you were getting (sea gulls, moon and stars, etc.) The material they used to make them reminded of beige sea shells. They made wonderful inexpensive gifts for neighbors, friends and co-workers.

We bought wind chimes in a shop in Cozumel. They were 2 for $5.00 and were already packed flat and covered in strink wrap paper. They had some hanging up so you can see what you were getting (sea gulls, moon and stars, etc.) The material they used to make them reminded of beige sea shells. They made wonderful inexpensive gifts for neighbors, friends and co-workers.

Open them first! We bought some things on that same idea in Coz that were already wrapped and when we got back to the ship the shells were all broken :( Open the one(s) you plan to get before you leave with them!

Same thing happened to us at a store in Disney...we chose a picture frame from the display, the girl took one already wrapped from the shelf and had it sent to our hotel. When we opened it the glass was broken and it was time to go, no time to go exchange it :( Lesson learned for me.

The windchimes sound wonderful! Where exactly were they? We are doing the Tulum excursion, so we will only have a little bit of time.

We walked in so many stores in Cozumel that I couldn't tell you the exact one but it was in the downtown area. They had some hanging in the doorway so you can spot it easy.

Have a great time!

Real Mexican vanilla from Cozumel. I think you can get small bottles (plastic) for $5 or less.

Forgot about that. I bought a bottle for a co-worker. That Vanilla was $4.00 a bottle (plastic) in one of the port-side shops in Roatan.

There was a shop along the waterfront in Cozumel and a little booth close to the pier that sold onyx items. I bought windchimes, small carved boxes and other small items for much less than $5.00 each, and a chess set (rather heavy) for $10.00. As mentioned above, check each item for breakage. The little doves came off a box that I bought, but I thought the other items were nice, and small enough to not be bulky coming back.

Archived