Anyone swam at CocaoCay lately?

sdear

i was on coco cay at the beginning of february and the weather was nice and warm, but the water was way too cold for me, i barely put my feet in, but i am def a wimpy floridian. there were plenty of other people swimming though.

You might want to think about getting a shorty wet suit ....it helps with the water temps.

I'm a hardy New Englander....not too worried about cold water myself. I swim in the Bahamas in February...it's about as warm at the water ever gets here in RI. :) I'd say the water was about 72F-74F on most of my winter trips.

Hi-

We were at Coco Cay sometime during the week of 3/3. I was worried about the water temps too. I wasn't going to get in if too cold. I was too chicken to swim after seeing the shark and ray up close. My husband did swim. I waded a bit. Water was great. Warmer than I expected in March - we usually vacation on Gulf FL or AL.

Sue, you really couldn't sleep last night could you??!!! What a great question, was wondering the same....ocean much too cold here in Sat. Bch for us natives but am seeing lots of tourists out there! I guess we'll just have to wait and see....and I'm waiting to see you and the rest of our crew tomorrow. Off to the vet, wish us luck!

Lynda

Archived