Help With Redeeming Boa Points

I would like to cash in 75,000 points for a free companion fare on a 7 night Caribbean itinerary. It says "minimum available oceanview stateroom" The cruise I am looking at, the minimum oceanview cabin is $1,149. How do I go about getting that amount in a certificate. What I am wondering also is if I chose a promenade cabin (lesser amount) would I still get the $1,149 credit OR a balcony cabin on that sailing is $1,249 so, could I use the $1,149 towards the balcony and pay the difference? I just am not sure how to go about getting the right amount credited. I know how to get onboard credits, just have never done the free companion fare. Any help is appreciated!

Never have did this before. I always do OBC. I thought you just got the coupon and submitted it and RCCL takes the amount off your bill. They decide the amount it is for not you. But then maybe I am wrong.

Last year we booked a balcony and got the "free companion fare" credit toward the cost, then paid the difference. When you call Bank of America, you tell them you want the free companion fare (or free cruise...whichever it is), and they will send you a certificate. It will not be for a monetary amount like the onboard credit. RCI will then apply it to your booking.

I hope you don;t mind me asking another question on your thread, as I am about to do BOA redemption soon. I didn't want to have another thread out there.

Anyways, I am thinking about transferring my reservation to a TA for an ammenity. If I do that, can I redeem my coupons directly to RCL for OBC? I noticed they can be sent pretty last minute and after final payment. I wanted to have the TA I transfer not to have any work to do, except sending documents.

Secondly, if I applied the coupons for OBC and had to cancel and transfer to another sailing, do they transfer as well?

Thank you all.

I hope you don;t mind me asking another question on your thread, as I am about to do BOA redemption soon. I didn't want to have another thread out there.

Anyways, I am thinking about transferring my reservation to a TA for an ammenity. If I do that, can I redeem my coupons directly to RCL for OBC? I noticed they can be sent pretty last minute and after final payment. I wanted to have the TA I transfer not to have any work to do, except sending documents.

Secondly, if I applied the coupons for OBC and had to cancel and transfer to another sailing, do they transfer as well?

Thank you all.

You always redeem your certificates directly with RCI. You can call 1-800-421-2110 which is BofA and ask for your certificate(s). They should take 7-10 days to arrive. When you receive them call 1-888-305-4626 which is the RCI Coupon Redemption Center and give them the certificate number(s) along with your booking number and how you want them applied. Fill the certificate(s) out with all the required info and mail to address shown.....this will confirm the info you gave RCI over the phone. These certificates must be used within 6 months of issuance.

If you apply them to a specific booking number but need to change your ship/sailing date/itinerary................do not cancel the booking number..........just transfer it. All OBC's are linked to your booking number.....if you cancel and rebook getting a new booking number.......you will lose everything.

I just got back from a Bahamas cruise using the BOA credits. The process was very easy and everyone I dealt with was incredibly helpful. Call the BOA number to redeem the points. Tell the operator how many points you want to redeem. You will then be sent a certificate and will check off on the certificate which "credit" you want to use ....free cruise, upgrade, OBC, etc.

When you book your cruise, use either a TA or call the number on the certificate. I called RCI using the number and the operator was very pleasant and helped with all of my questions...even spent about 20 minutes researching the answer to questions he wasn't sure about. You'll give them the certificate number over the phone, then you need to fill it out with the booking info and send to the address on the certificate.

That's it. As for your question on the cabins, yes you can get an upgrade. I didn't upgrade to a balcony but did upgrade to a better deck for the outside stateroom. You can upgrade to whatever cabin you want (if available of course!)...you just pay the difference between that cabin's price and the price of the lowest available that the certificate covers.

Also...my question that he wasn't originally sure about was concerning the travel insurance. You can still purchase the insurance and it does cover a cruise purchased with one of the certificates. You cannot get your money back if I remember correctly (? sorry it's been a while since I called), but you will get credit towards another cruise. I hadn't been sure since with the certificates you're not "really" paying for the cruise.

Thank you all.

You can redeem your coupon directly with RCI. Be aware, however, that any coupon that reduces the commissionable cruise fare will have to be approved by your TA. OBC does not require TA approval. On our last cruise we used an upgrade to a balcony cabin (old point redemption levels) and checked with C&A to see if the credit had been applied. They told me they were waiting for TA approval. TA was OK with this, but hadn't been contacted. Once we got that straightened out, the credit was applied. Make sure the TA you are considering will accept the reduced fare before you transfer the booking if you are considering a discount type coupon.

Thank you for all for the answers. Any coupon redemption would be for OBC and not in cruise fare, therefore would not involve the T/A and any deal we struck. I feel better finalizing everything myself with RCL before transferring. Thanks again for all the information.

Archived