Kids Program Suggestions? (11 yr old boy)

I'm taking my two boys, ages 16 and 11, on the Mariner on April 6 while my DW works Spring Break at a Vegas convention. On our Princess family cruise last year, the teen had the best time ever largely because he linked up with a good group of teenagers early in the week at the teen club. Try as I might, my efforts to get the younger boy interested in the kids program just flopped. The same thing happened a few years ago on our prior RCI cruise on the Radiance.

Any tips on how to help the 11-year old meet some other boys in his age group to help make his cruise more fun? Thanks in advance.

Hi Kmtoner - I have always participated in the "roll call" for our particular cruise. Have you checked out the one for your sailing? It is a nice way to "meet" other families traveling on your ship. Perhaps there are other boys your son's age with similar interests. My eldest child doesn't make new friends as quickly as his brothers. It was wonderful him to "meet" a friend beforehand - they became fast friends and had a great time together.

Enjoy your trip!

Lisa.

I recently cruised on Majesty of the Seas with my (much younger!) ten year old brother. He was very hesitant about the kid's programs, but after the first night we couldn't get him to leave Adventure Ocean - the staff there was wonderful, and there were tons of video games and activities to keep him busy. Unfortunately, due to the timing of our trip (late February), there were no other kids in his age group attending Adventure Ocean so he wasn't able to make friends there. Luckily, our dining companions had children around his age so he spent quite a bit with them. The roll call is a great idea - all your son needs is to meet one friend and he'll have someone to explore the ship with!

Archived