late seating to early seating

I booked the Freedom of the Seas yesterday sailing on October 26th. At that time, I was told that early seating had no availability and I would be put on a wait list. Has anyone had experience with this? How hard will it be to go from late seating to early seating? Should I keep calling RCCL or just check when I get on the ship? We have two younger kids and would really prefer early seating. Any advice?

Thanks

we were told that only late seating was available on our mariner cruise this coming july with no waitlist for early...we would really prefer early, so the rccl rep told us to check in with the maitre'd as soon as we board, to try to make the switch..it might be alittle easier with just the 2 of us.....we'll just have to wait and see

Typically we are off the ship and doing something fun in port and I really do not want to rush back and have to shower and dress right away and rush to dinner. We like to come back, maybe grab a snack, take a little snooze or relax while the ship pulls out and then take our time preparing for dinner. IMO early is too early for us. We're on vacation, Im not gonna rush for nobody..:D Im on Caribbean time mon !!

Just check with the dining room when you board. IF they can't change you on night 1, the almost certainly will make the switch by night 2. They WANT you to be happy and use the dining room! They will make every effort!

Not something I'd stress over. No one wants to sit next to over-tired cranky kids at the late seating :p so the Maitre d' will certainly re-accomodate you onboard (you will see a listing on the day's activities telling you at what time to go to the dining room to switch seatings.) That is if they can't switch you before you even get there (as you are wait listed.) You WILL get 1st seating, so don't worry. They truly want people to be happy and you don't want to be carrying sleeping children with full bellies out of a dining room at 9:30 pm.

We booked a November sailing three weeks ago and were told at that time that main dining was full and were put on the wait list, this was also reflected in our reservation on the web site. Afer about a week I checked our reservation again via the web and noticed that we now have main dining. Give it time, they try to accomdate everyone as much as possible.

Archived