Golf Simulator

I am going to be on the freedom of the seas in less then a month and was wondering about the golf simulator. I know on carnival which ive been on before you could rent it for a certain amount for a time period like an hour and just play golf on a course for however long as you rented it for. Is this how they work it on freedom? and if this is the case how much does it cost around? Also while on the subject, how quickly does it get booked, and am i right to assume they have clubs for use there?

I am going to be on the freedom of the seas in less then a month and was wondering about the golf simulator. I know on carnival which ive been on before you could rent it for a certain amount for a time period like an hour and just play golf on a course for however long as you rented it for. Is this how they work it on freedom? and if this is the case how much does it cost around? Also while on the subject, how quickly does it get booked, and am i right to assume they have clubs for use there?

I've used the simulator on the Jewel, the Radiance, thr Briliance, and the Adventure. The only "flaky" experience I had was on the Brillianace,but that was a harware isse. Not too crowded, but definaterly use the reservation system.

The rate is $25 per hour. At that rate you can fairly complete 18 holes if played well.:p :p

From what others have poster i believe the cost is $25 per hour flat rate no matter how many ppl are there just cant have more then 4 at a time.

Btw. Anyone at all with knowledge on the available club situation?

From what others have poster i believe the cost is $25 per hour flat rate no matter how many ppl are there just cant have more then 4 at a time.

Btw. Anyone at all with knowledge on the available club situation?

Your analysis is correct.

Availability of clubs: On the ships that I've used the simulator (Jewel, Brilliance, Radiance, & Adventure) They have had both left and right-handed clubs as well as a set of child's clubs. Normally a driver, 3-wood, 5-wood, 3-9 irons, and a sand wedge. Obviously, these are not top-of-the-line (particularly the driver) clubs. Biggest issue I had was the "tees". These were the driving range type, and generally too tall. Additionally, they weren't affixed to the floor, so a lot of time was wasted retreiving these from the front of the room (as well as the balls). The "driving" mat had three surfaces; rough, fairway, and sand. The sand surface generally had a divot.

As I said earlier. Generally, 1 person can get through 18 holes in an hour (unless you take too many mulligans). Two people can get through 9 holes, but four people will just be tripping over one another. On each simulator, there was an area adjacent to the driving area where others could wait and watch.

One handy thing to remember - if you plan to use the simulator often, the ship DOES NOT provide any golf gloves.

• 5 years later...

Depends on what you consider worth it. I was on the Indy 3 weeks ago and booked an hour to loosen up a day before I played at Cinnamon Hill In Jamaica (review on Trip Advisor). Basically I swung clubs for an hour, 2 woods that I brought and the rest theirs. I played Pinehurst #2. They have about 40 courses in their program. I have never played a simulator before so did not know what to expect. I found the results of each swing to be interesting. Swing speed, left and right ball rotation, flight angle and more that I really did not understand. The display is only up for about 5 seconds after each shot. I never did get the feel of it, missing putts by 20 feet in either direction! There seemed to be no way to change the yardages, everything was from the tips :eek:. For me it was worth it so I didn't hit the course cold and I got to see my swing speeds, but as for enjoyment I don't think I would do it again.

Depends on what you consider worth it. I was on the Indy 3 weeks ago and booked an hour to loosen up a day before I played at Cinnamon Hill In Jamaica (review on Trip Advisor). Basically I swung clubs for an hour, 2 woods that I brought and the rest theirs. I played Pinehurst #2. They have about 40 courses in their program. I have never played a simulator before so did not know what to expect. I found the results of each swing to be interesting. Swing speed, left and right ball rotation, flight angle and more that I really did not understand. The display is only up for about 5 seconds after each shot. I never did get the feel of it, missing putts by 20 feet in either direction! There seemed to be no way to change the yardages, everything was from the tips :eek:. For me it was worth it so I didn't hit the course cold and I got to see my swing speeds, but as for enjoyment I don't think I would do it again.

It probably had more benefit to you than it would me, since you were playing real golf on the cruise. My last vacation was with the wife to Myrtle Beach last June, where I played four rounds. So I promised her no golf this trip!

I'll be sure to check out your Cinnamon Hill review. Maybe I can play it next time.