Beach spot in Cayman

petrellad

There will be lots of taxis at the pier when you disembark the tender. Just decide if you want to be near facilities that have activities or just a private beach area. Then ask the driver to take you there. Personally we go to an area which is quite private but within a short walk to some facilities. You will love 7MB.

I vote for Rum Point Beach too. Check it out: http://www.eandbcaymans.com/2Attractions%20a%20Rum%20Point.htm

IMHO, it is the most gorgeous beach we have been to in the Caribbean. Best way to get there is to rent a car, and drive yourself over. Very easy to find.

Debbie, thanks for the wonderful site! It looks gorgeous! I can't wait to get there! :)

I am totally sold on Rum Point! It's FREE! But there are some things to do there if you just have to spend money. You can ride Waverunners, kayaks or have a great meal and a nice drink for a reasonable price!

It's just a gorgeous setting and there's plenty of time to get there and relax, and get back to your ship! I lived there for 6 months and went to Rum Point every weekend, and was there on a cruise a few months ago and you guessed it, we spent the day at Rum Point, and even had time to go out to Stingray City with Red Sail Sports, from right there at Rum Point!

does anyone know where the ships anchor? I have been looking at the map link given earlier and trying to get some bearings. How far is it to rum point?

The ships usually anchor in George Town. Rum Point is about 45 minutes away by car, at the (more-or-less) northeast side of the large bay (North Sound) you can see on the map.

Would anyone have advice on how to get to Rum Point once we hit port? We are coming on on the Carnival Valor April 15th..I'm not sure if a taxi would be good enough, or are there buses?

Would anyone have advice on how to get to Rum Point once we hit port? We are coming on on the Carnival Valor April 15th..I'm not sure if a taxi would be good enough, or are there buses?

A taxi would be around $75 US each way, and you'd have to arrange the return trip in advance (there won't be taxis waiting there...it's 45 minutes from George Town). There are no buses that go all the way there.

Your only real ways to get there are either to take a tour or excursion that includes a stop at Rum Point or to rent a car and drive there yourself.

What is the best way to get there for a family of 5? It sounds wonderful, but far.

Rent a car or take a tour that includes a stop at Rum Point...and it sounds far because it is far... :D

I am totally sold on Rum Point! It's FREE! But there are some things to do there if you just have to spend money. You can ride Waverunners, kayaks or have a great meal and a nice drink for a reasonable price!

It's just a gorgeous setting and there's plenty of time to get there and relax, and get back to your ship! I lived there for 6 months and went to Rum Point every weekend, and was there on a cruise a few months ago and you guessed it, we spent the day at Rum Point, and even had time to go out to Stingray City with Red Sail Sports, from right there at Rum Point!

Can you parasail at rum point? The last Caribbean cruise we did, my daughters didn't get a chance to parasail and its definitely on the list for this cruise.

Can you parasail at rum point? The last Caribbean cruise we did, my daughters didn't get a chance to parasail and its definitely on the list for this cruise.

I've never seen parasailing there...only at Seven Mile Beach.

However, you could check directly with the watersports operator at Rum Point - http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_index.html - and they'd be able to tell you for sure.

Archived