Price Drop! Thanks!

bb24

I just want to thank all the wonderful people on these message boards. I have gained so much useful information and today I was able to put it into use! I noticed a price drop on the RCI website, called our TA and our group was able to save over $1200!!! I would have never known to do this without the information from these boards!! Thanks!:D

Is it possible to get more than one price reduction? I just got a $200.00 refund from RCI, but if the prices drop again can I go back and request another refund? Has anyone ever done that?

Thanks for any info you have.

Is it possible to get more than one price reduction? I just got a $200.00 refund from RCI, but if the prices drop again can I go back and request another refund? Has anyone ever done that?

Thanks for any info you have.

Unlimited, as long as they keeping dropping the price :p

###

When does the prices start to drop on cruises? We are booked for June 8th. I've been watching, but our has went up not down.

Thanks,

Marcy

I am sailing July 6th and mine has gone up about 200.00 per person instead of down..it has been my experience that the summer cruises don't drop..who knows with the economy though...I will keep watching.

It is all about demand. They want the ship full so the more cabins empty the better the chance you will see a drop. If your cruise is almost sold out chances are you are not going to see a drop. I have notice that 90 to 30 days is the best time to see a drop. also check cat. above what you are booked maybe that cat. is not selling and could drop lower then your lower cat. I have upgraded for free just by checking higher cat. Good luck and have a Happy Easter.

When does the prices start to drop on cruises? We are booked for June 8th. I've been watching, but our has went up not down.

Thanks,

Marcy

Our prices in June have been reduced 4 times so far (total of $480 pp for obstructed oceanview), but we're still outside the 75-days before departure final-payment deadline.

The one's I watch for are the +55, military, and residency discounts. I've been lucky on two cruises and had the +55 applied once, and the military applied once also in conjunction with a normal price drop.

Our TA applied a CA discount with some other discount she found and she upgraded us once from a OV on deck 2 to a JS on 8. That JS cost us about $1100 (7 day), if I recall correctly, and made us Balcony addicts for life.

I'll NEVER book directly with RCCL again after our Alaska cruise fiasco.

Remember If You booked on RCCL you can still get the drop after final paymen. Mine was $220 after I made my last payment.

I received all my price drops last year AFTER final payment had been made (and I waited until it was due!) We cruised in June last year, so it's very possible for summer cruises to receive price drops. It all depends on how many of your room type they have left as cruise time gets closer.

So far the E2 we have booked for this year has gone up $200 pp, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and checking daily!

Archived