UK resident booking princess via US site any thoughts?

happy cruisin

I havetwo Captains' Circle numbers, a UK one and a US one. All my cruises are listed under both numbers so whether I book througha US or UK agent I get my correct colour cruise card. I just send an e-mail to the "other" Captains' Circle number after my cruise and the cruise is vredited for next time.

I also have made future cruise bookings using both numbers, although if you are on a UK purchased cruise you can only get a UK style future cruise credit and similar for a US purchased cruise.

Thanks UK Cruiser

This will be our first booking with US agent but as we are already Platinum do you know how I make sure we will still get the correct colour card as I will probably be issued with a new CC number for my US booking?

Thanks

Thanks UK Cruiser

This will be our first booking with US agent but as we are already Platinum do you know how I make sure we will still get the correct colour card as I will probably be issued with a new CC number for my US booking?

Thanks

If you do not get the correct card, just see the Captain's Circle rep on board during the posted hours. He/she will make sure you get the card colour you have earned.

I recently requested clarification on this topic from Princess customer services and I was quite surprised and pleased with their response. It seems to contradict the worries that Princess has been trying to prevent US TA's from taking bookings from UK passengers.

“” As a regular reader and contributor to Cruise Critic I come across numerous threads there regarding Princess Cruises rules, regulations and attitude to UK customers booking a cruise through a US travel agent.

Would you please like to clarify your postion on this…….”””

“” I would advise that Princess Cruises in our US office regrettably do not accept bookings from UK passengers direct, however, some American Travel Agents may accept a reservation on your behalf. Should a passenger choose to make a reservation this way however, they may wish to consider that by booking through our UK offices you benefit from coverage by ABTA and ATOL. This is important should there be any query with your travel agent or holiday booking…….

…….. Whereas should a passenger choose to book through a US travel agent and have concerns regarding their holiday or agent, this is required to be taken through the US legal system, which could prove to be a lengthy and costly process.

……. You are at liberty to make a reservation through a U S Travel Agent however, we do ask that you consider the above as any reservation made through our US office will be subject to US terms and conditions and any queries would have to be made through our US office.

Captain Circle benefits are regional therefore, any points received for bookings made in the UK would not be picked up when making a booking in the US. However your past cruise history can be transferred to our US office, upon request. “”

When you use a US agent what do you do for travel insurance take Princess or shop for your own in England. I'm trying to figure out what to do for my sister and brother-in-law as I'm booking there cabin here in the US when I book mine. I did find one insurance company insureandgo.com and sent her that website address to look at. I just don't know what to do about the insurance.

Christine

When you use a US agent what do you do for travel insurance take Princess or shop for your own in England. I'm trying to figure out what to do for my sister and brother-in-law as I'm booking there cabin here in the US when I book mine. I did find one insurance company insureandgo.com and sent her that website address to look at. I just don't know what to do about the insurance.

I always buy an annual multi-trip policy. I can get one of these cheaper than I can get a Princess one just for the one trip. Tell sis to look at moneysupermarket.com for insurance comparisons, but don't necessarily go for the cheapest......

I always buy an annual multi-trip policy. I can get one of these cheaper than I can get a Princess one just for the one trip. Tell sis to look at moneysupermarket.com for insurance comparisons, but don't necessarily go for the cheapest......

Thank you for your reply I just got a e-mail from my sister and she does get a annual travel insurance as she and her hubby do alot of traveling. That mights it so much easy for me.

Christine

Hi everybody thanks for your help . We have now booked for the Med with US agent and when I have completed our cruise personaliser it has flagged up a message that as we are non US citizens we may need a Schengen Visa for Europe.Surely this wont apply as we are British citizens with UK passports.Has anyone else come across this ?

Hi everybody thanks for your help . We have now booked for the Med with US agent and when I have completed our cruise personaliser it has flagged up a message that as we are non US citizens we may need a Schengen Visa for Europe.Surely this wont apply as we are British citizens with UK passports.Has anyone else come across this ?

Happy cruisin: I have a question when you booked with a US agent did you use a address in the states? and when you filled out your cruise personaliser did you put in your address in England the reason I ask is I'm booking a cabin for my sister and brother-in-law (both are British) that lives in England, when I book my cabin as it's cheaper, and we are using my address in the states (I have dual citizenship) for princess to send luggage tags too. But I'm not sure on the personaliser.

Christine

Happy cruisin: I have a question when you booked with a US agent did you use a address in the states? and when you filled out your cruise personaliser did you put in your address in England the reason I ask is I'm booking a cabin for my sister and brother-in-law (both are British) that lives in England, when I book my cabin as it's cheaper, and we are using my address in the states (I have dual citizenship) for princess to send luggage tags too. But I'm not sure on the personaliser.

Christine

Hi ,When we booked I was told to put we were US resident on the agent booking page , all it asked was the state,then to continue as normal.

I cant see any problem as you can use your address for all the labels etc.

I have since updated the cruise personaliser with our UK address and up to yet all seems ok,all confirmed, we travel mid June.

My only thoughts are when we have booked in UK ,we normally get all the documentation to our home address together with shore excursions book etc and although I can print off our boarding pass on line I am not sure yet what happens about luggage labels . Does anyone else know please?

I´ve looked into Princess cruises from time to time but always got the messages on online sites that I can´t book if not being from the US or Canada. Now Princess doesn´t market very well over here and it´s difficult to even get quotes and oif they are way up compared to the quotes you get online from US TA´s.

Now I just got into some serious planning for a Princess cruise this week and came to the point to email some of those online TA´s that say "only US/Canadian residents". To my surprise all of them came back with quotes and said no problem sure you can book with us.

I made a reservation with one agency and I´ve been able to access the cruise personalizer without problems and put in all my information.

So far the process has been smooth and I hope it keeps going this way.

Archived