Beaches and Shells

cruzingduo

I have been to Cozumel about 10 times and never seen shells..not sure why..maybe they all get caught up in the reefs...there are a few scattered here and there but nothing like you find at some beaches where they are all over the place...but he water is beautiful..

Do any of the beaches have shells? If so which ones?

You'd have more luck finding shells on the East side of the island where is it also legal for you to collect them. On the West side of the island (where most of the beach clubs and hotels are located) it a Marine Park from the International Pier all the way south to the tip of the island. That means there is are rules against collecting marine life, including picking up shells on the beach. No, the police won't arrest you if you take a shell from the Marine Park, but it against the rules there, so IMO just leave the shells on the beach once you are done looking at them.

• 1 year later...
You'd have more luck finding shells on the East side of the island where is it also legal for you to collect them. On the West side of the island (where most of the beach clubs and hotels are located) it a Marine Park from the International Pier all the way south to the tip of the island. That means there is are rules against collecting marine life, including picking up shells on the beach. No, the police won't arrest you if you take a shell from the Marine Park, but it against the rules there, so IMO just leave the shells on the beach once you are done looking at them.

im so glad i did a search for shells and found your reply. i asked the question of picking up shells and bringing them home but have had no response. now iwill not do it because it is frowned upon. i will find other wonderful things to do while i am there i am sure :)

Archived