A silly little question

tangles00

This really is a silly question but important for our packing.

What do we do for towels for around the pool on the ship? Do we need to take them with us or are they supplied?

Sailing on Musica on May 4.:o

This really is a silly question but important for our packing.

What do we do for towels for around the pool on the ship? Do we need to take them with us or are they supplied?

Sailing on Musica on May 4.:o

They are supplied both for use by the pool and for shore excursions (if you are going to the beach). You give them your room # when you get them so when you return them they check them off. Otherwise you will be charged for them. You can borrow as many as you need with the exception of Cayo Levantado where they did limit it to one per person because so many people go to the beach there.

Susan

• 8 months later...

I don't know if this happens on Cayo Levantada, but I've heard that, on some islands, the kids like to run a scam by telling beach-goers that they (the kids) will return the towels to the ship for them. Of course, they don't, the passenger is stuck paying for the towel and the kids sell them to other tourists or residents.

The moral of this story is: return the towels to the ship, yourself.

Paul

Can I borrow a beach towel if not booking an excursion through the ship? How much do they charge if we lose them?

Usually, most cruiselines will charge about $20-$30 for a towel that is not returned. We usually take some cheapie thin beach towels from home and then we don't need to worry about them, we sometimes actually leave them either on the ship, or if it is at the end of the cruise, just toss them.

There is never a problem getting a beach towel when going ashore regardless of whether you are on their excursions or not. the price if you lose one is detailed in the guest info book in the cabin but i can't tell you how much it is as I've always returned both beach and pool towels back to them, the day I borrowed them

Archived