soda card and Dr Pepper fans....beware!!

rxtimbo

Just got back from the 3/16 sailing of the Dawn. We bought the soda card's, asked for a Dr Pepper and were told that it was NOT covered under the soda card program....not sure if this is a "Dawn" issue only or if others have had problems.

We always get the soda card but it is always wise to ask what soda it allows. I wish they had diet caffine free coke, I think it is possibly desired by more. Nexttime just bring it for yourself. Did you enjoy the cruise?

We always get the soda card but it is always wise to ask what soda it allows. I wish they had diet caffine free coke, I think it is possibly desired by more. Nexttime just bring it for yourself. Did you enjoy the cruise?

Eileen, to my surprise they had it on the Gem in February!:)

You could have a million posts like this "bought the card..asked for a lipton brisk iced green tea but they didn't have it" etc. Sorry they didn't have it but I don't think any of the NCL ships have it. Next time just ask what pop (hey I am from Ohio:p ) is included they will be happy to tell you so nobody feels tricked.

They HAD dr pepper on the boat, but it was not included in the soda program..

We absolutely enjoyed this cruise..i'll be putting together a review and post it later this week. The dr pepper not being covered was in by no means a big issue with us, we just found something else to drink. We just assumed all soda's were covered.

We absolutely enjoyed this cruise..i'll be putting together a review and post it later this week. The dr pepper not being covered was in by no means a big issue with us, we just found something else to drink. We just assumed all soda's were covered.

Did they have Dr. Pepper on the ship and it was not covered by the program OR did they not have Dr. Pepper on the ship? I'm just confused.

Since there are always new CCers reading this, it doesn't hurt to repeat the wording that's posted on NCL's web site:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

They do publish a list of the pop available on the Bon Voyage Gifts page, where the Soda Card program is listed.

No root beer, no Dr. Pepper... clear as day.

It's been awhile since my last cruise...quick question about the Soda Card...the last time I cruised, (on Princess) I got the "Soda Card" and they gave us a Coke themed thermos that we had to use, I don't remember any kind of stamp on our cabin card and we had to carry the thermos around. Does NCL do the same thing or is it just a stamp on your card. It was always a pain to remember to grab the thermos...

We will be traveling on NCL Spirit in May.

It's been awhile since my last cruise...quick question about the Soda Card...the last time I cruised, (on Princess) I got the "Soda Card" and they gave us a Coke themed thermos that we had to use, I don't remember any kind of stamp on our cabin card and we had to carry the thermos around. Does NCL do the same thing or is it just a stamp on your card. It was always a pain to remember to grab the thermos...

We will be traveling on NCL Spirit in May.

They do give you the thermal mug for use, but also put a sticker on your sail pass. So you do not have to have the mug with you. Just show them your card and they will give you a glass of soda.

Sorry it wasn't in the program for you (especially since you seem somewhat understanding and aren't overly complaining). Was the DP on board from the fountain or canned?

The soda card covers the drinks that are available in the bar dispenser "guns" -- not cans. They may have other soft drinks available in cans beyond what is in the guns, but that is not covered in the card program, as others have said here.

Archived