explorer cabin choice

may now be going on 23rd January 2009 cruise from Cape Liberty - couple of questions please.

Cabins - we can have Ocean view - 7584, 7552, 7626, 7326, 7314 , 8300

or 8269 - any suggestions please.

Also will stay a couple of nights in New York on return - how cold is it - is there likely to be snow and also can anyone recommend a nice otel reasonably priced in Times Square area - last time we stayed in Wingate Inn Hotel - good enough but would like somewhere nearer to restaurants etc

thanks

I don't have the deck plans in front of me, but I'd pick a cabin as midships as possible--they're just so much more convenient!

New York in January will be cold, (probably in the 20-50 degree F. range) but whether there will be snow is anyone's guess. Some years, they get slammed, other years they have no snow!!!

We really havent had any snow to speak of this year, so as cb said, it is anyones guess, weather is 20-50 degrees and unpredictable. Midship, a balcony on the hump is our favorite and thats all we book. It is centrally located to elevators and lots of activities and convenient.

As for where to stay in the city where there are restaurants.....I can find a good place to eat in absolutly any part of towne!

We did the Feb 24th 2008 sailing on the Explorer and the temperature at sailing time was around 38 degrees (4 degrees for those fans of Centigrade). It was tolerable. The emergency drill was held outside so dress appropriately.

We stayed at the Marriot Marquis but a few nights ther can pay for another cruise. It was nice but not worth the cost. Have you thought about the Hilton in Newark (Penn station). You can take the P.A.T.H. train into the city and save a bundle. Plus it is a lot closer to Cape Liberty Cruise Port.

Archived