Boston Port Hotels

SKP57

Kelmac, not sure I'd bother with taking the Silver Line from South Station to the airport, then wait for the Hyatt shuttle....all to save about a $15 cab ride (and have to schlepp your luggage on/off/up/down etc.

Both the airport Hilton and Hyatt are very nice, updated hotels. Given their location, they tend to be busier Mon-Fri with business travelers, so it doesn't surprise me that there are bargins to be found, especially if you are booking Fri-Sun nights. Enjoy! The Hyatt has the magnificent views of the city/harbor and sits right on the water, though and the Hilton overlooks, well the parking garage : ) So, if the prices are comparable, I'd go with the Hyatt for the views alone.

Kelmac...btw--- very jealous of your schedule of upcoming cruises!!! Very nice year ahead!

Happy planning!

Lynne

Kelmac, not sure I'd bother with taking the Silver Line from South Station to the airport, then wait for the Hyatt shuttle....all to save about a $15 cab ride (and have to schlepp your luggage on/off/up/down etc.

Both the airport Hilton and Hyatt are very nice, updated hotels. Given their location, they tend to be busier Mon-Fri with business travelers, so it doesn't surprise me that there are bargins to be found, especially if you are booking Fri-Sun nights. Enjoy! The Hyatt has the magnificent views of the city/harbor and sits right on the water, though and the Hilton overlooks, well the parking garage : ) So, if the prices are comparable, I'd go with the Hyatt for the views alone.

Kelmac...btw--- very jealous of your schedule of upcoming cruises!!! Very nice year ahead!

Happy planning!

Lynne

Thanks Lynne!:)

I'm sure we will probably just take a taxi -- we like ridding public transportation when we can -- kind of a game for us. In addition, we now have our luggage down to two medium size roller bags for cruises.

Enjoy!

Kel

Here is the link to the Water Shuttle.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/boats/lines/?route=F2

The bus for the water shuttle picks you up at the terminal, and takes you to the water shuttle dock where there is an indoor waiting room. It's a really pretty and relaxing trip into the city. No traffic, no lines, no tolls tacked onto your taxi ride.

FYI the MBTA Water Suttle and the small private water taxis are not the same thing. The Water Shuttle is a large stable boat. I highly recommend it. We take it all the time, and we travel with 4 kids under 10 yrs old.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stayed at the Quincy Adams Inn and had no problems. Room was clean, service polite and was even upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi. After reading a previous negative review, I was considering cancelling. However, nothing else was available where I could leave my car for free and get a free shuttle ride back and forth to the terminal. While we had to schedule our shuttle to the terminal, the return shuttle came as soon as we called the hotel from the dock. The price was $139 plus taxes which included the parking and shuttle rides. I would recomend it to anyone and would stay there again.

• 6 months later...

The Marriott website says a cab to the airport $15, so I'm guessing $25 - $30 to get to the cruise terminal - be sure the cab goes through the Ted Williams Tunnel. You could save some money by taking the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and then taking a cab to the port. However, you might have to roll your luggage on the elevators from the departures level to the arrivals level.

Archived