Postojna Caves in Slovenia

We did a tour of the caves in July of last year. Was a very interesting experience. And given it was a hot day, the caves were a welcome change (bring a sweater as it was in the 50's). The drive is also scenic. I don't know what your other options are, but on its own the caves are great. If they offer Lake Bled, I would take that as well. We really enjoyed Slovenia and would return in a heartbeat.

Thanks SFO. The Lipica stud firm and the salt flats are other options. The castle sounded interesting when reading Rick Steve's book, but no excursion was offered through the line.

I would stick with the Caves, unless you are a horse person. According to the Slovenes the Lipizzaner breed started there (I'm sure the Austrians have a different take on that). Where are you docking? Koper?

Not really a horse person, and yes, we're docking at Koper. Did you visit the castle near the caves?

This is an excursion opportunity for us in Late May on Regent. Anyone had any experience with this? Sounds like fun.

The caves are great if you like caves and want to visit the 4th largest (I think) cave in the world. We spent a couple of weeks in Slovenia and went. They actually hold concerts in there.

Not really a horse person, and yes, we're docking at Koper. Did you visit the castle near the caves?

Yes went to the castle as well. Unique setting in the side of the cliff, and the scenic backdrop was a post card (see photo below). Koper is worth a visit if you have the time. Small and really a one road town, but well worth a visit. Slovenia is known for its crystal and there are a few shops on the main drag that sell it. Not as good a deal as it used to be since they switched to the Euro.

castle.jpg.74d173bf576bb6ebb13465bb162c2303.jpg

Yes went to the castle as well. Unique setting in the side of the cliff, and the scenic backdrop was a post card (see photo below). Koper is worth a visit if you have the time. Small and really a one road town, but well worth a visit. Slovenia is known for its crystal and there are a few shops on the main drag that sell it. Not as good a deal as it used to be since they switched to the Euro.

[ATTACH]74601[/ATTACH]

We'll be able to spend some time in Koper as well. We'll be in port from noon to 11 PM. Any "don't miss" things in Koper you can think of?

Archived