Lirica food info needed please!!!

earthfaries

Hi.

We just booked a 10 day on the Lirica for this December and I have a few questions I was hoping someone here could answer!

I have tried to research the subject but keep getting different answers.

*Do they have a buffet at night? I read they only offer it for breakfast and lunch and a midnight buffet.

*Do they really charge for ice cream?

*Do they only serve cold sandwiches on the room service menu? Is it 24 hours?

*Is there any extra charges for food on the Lirica, besides maybe a specialty dinner or coffee, alcohol, soda?

Thanks so much!!!

Can't help much. I've sailed on the Lirica, but in Europe where it is slightly different, but I'll have a go at a few.

Hi.

We just booked a 10 day on the Lirica for this December and I have a few questions I was hoping someone here could answer!

*Do they have a buffet at night? I read they only offer it for breakfast and lunch and a midnight buffet.

Not sure as I never looked, we always ate in the dining room in the evening. They did bring round small snacks in the main lounges later on in the evenings, something different each night, & they did have late night buffets in the cafeteria each night as far as I remember. Not sure of the times though. I think there was a gap between the pizzeria closing (about 7PM when early seating dinner started) and the late night buffets.

Yes.

(It is not charged for if you have it as your desert for the main meals though.)

Didn't use this either, so am not sure, but I think it is likely.

*Is there any extra charges for food on the Lirica, besides maybe a specialty dinner or coffee, alcohol, soda?

Not that I'm aware of. Room service is free in the caribbean, but charged for in Europe. Only the ice cream is extra, apart from the drinks. (There is no 15% mark up on the bar drinks either in both Europe & the caribbean)

Thanks so much!!!

Hi.

Thanks so much!!!

Let's see, I'll answer what I can.

1. Yes, I believe there was a buffet offered at night - we went to the dining room every night so I can't tell you about it, but I remember seeing it on the daily program.

2. Ice cream is available for free in the dining room after lunch and dinner. You do pay if you want ice cream out by the pool. We never paid for it but did have it in the dining room.

3. Never ordered room service.

4. Everything in the two dining rooms, the buffet, the grill, the pizza bar and pasta station are free. There was only a charge for ice cream and a specialty coffee bar (never got that either). They have good prices on some wine packages which we did get $99 for 10 bottles of wine served only in the dining room - had a choice of 2 reds and 2 whites - drank the same red all but one night and enjoyed it with our meal. There was a more expensive package $149 that had many more selections of wine and there were also packages for 7 bottles instead of 10. There is no specialty dining room.

Hope this helps.

Susan

Just got off.

The buffet and pizza is available but only through the early dining slot. They close at 8PM so if you get the late seating and want the buffet instead you need to plan!

There are no drink cards, but you can purchase drink coupon books. One advantage was that it was much faster than handing over your card and signing each time. (well - and it was cheaper :) )

Just got off.

The buffet and pizza is available but only through the early dining slot. They close at 8PM so if you get the late seating and want the buffet instead you need to plan!

There are no drink cards, but you can purchase drink coupon books. One advantage was that it was much faster than handing over your card and signing each time. (well - and it was cheaper :) )

Just got off? Lucky you! How was it?

Are you writing a review? I'm trying to learn all I can about the ship here on CC by reading posts, threads and reviews. There are not too many recent reviews though.

Thanks so much for the info. Was the room service limited to just sandwiches?

Do they have the pizza for lunch?

One more question...what time did you arrive at the port for embarkation and what time did you get on the ship?

Thanks so much:)

Archived