Hair dryers

Does anyone know if the RCCL ships have hairdryers installed in the bathrooms. We have a balcony room on Grandeur. Trying to pack less!Thanks!

No, there is not a hair dryer in the bathroom.

It is in the cabin, in the vanity. Every cabin on every ship has a hairdryer. No need to bring your own. (some have an "on" button that has to be HELD in the "on" position. A piece of duct tape can come in handy here.)

I haven't been on Grandeur, but the dryer on Mariner (and Carnival Pride and every hotel I've ever been in) was pathetic. My hair is thick and it would have taken ages to dry with that glorified manicure fan.

I have a travel-size dryer, and it's well worth the space it occupies in the suitcase, to me anyway. :)

The hair dryer on Explorer is located in the top right drawer of the desk. It too is the type where you have to hold down the button or it goes off. What a pain! I may bring my own travel one next year. Any idea why they have that kind on board the ships?

Patty

The hair dryer on Explorer is located in the top right drawer of the desk. It too is the type where you have to hold down the button or it goes off. What a pain! I may bring my own travel one next year. Any idea why they have that kind on board the ships?

Patty

They are safer since they can't be accidentally left on and overheat or similar. Bring a rubber band to hold down the button, very easy!!

No need to bring your own.

Yes, yes. there is a need to bring your own:D Like others I have really thick hair. I'd probably miss dinner if I was using their hairdryers, plus the need to hold the button down. I guess if you've got easy to style hair, it works. YMMV

Yes, yes. there is a need to bring your own:D Like others I have really thick hair. I'd probably miss dinner if I was using their hairdryers, plus the need to hold the button down. I guess if you've got easy to style hair, it works. YMMV

I 100% agree! I didn't bring one on JOS and went without the blowdryer all 5 days! My hair was horrible! I highly suggest that if you have difficult to style/manage hair, bring your own.

• 1 month later...

I will probably overpack again. It seems like there is always a shirt or pair of shoes I wish I had brought. And after seeing some comments, I'll probably bring my hair dryer and extension cord. Has anyone ever had their hair done at the salon for formal night? I like the idea of ziploc baggies for storing leftover cookies or for keeping fruit in the fridge.

Does Mariner have a fridge in most staterooms now?

I'll probably take ginger tablets for seasickness. Saw them at the drugstore last week.

Archived