cabin allocation

sassycatz

I tried to search for this as i'm sure its been up before but couldn't find it. Anyway i have my blue folder with no cabin allocation as yet on my ticket.Rang P&O direct ,lady said the level we had booked for was all taken (n), and that i would need to get my travel agent to chase it up. Went to travel agent and he rang and they just said that i definately will have a cabin but as yet they dont know. My travel agent said to keep checking with him ,but maybe i wont find out until i board. My question is if i dont find out til i board then what do i put on my lugagge tags where it says cabin number. Im worried if i dont put anything my luggage wont turn up. cheers sassycatz:)

Sorry Sassycatz, but I cant answer your question, but I noticed that you and alot of others are mentioning that you already have your blue folders!!!(and you are all cruising after me!!!) :confused: :confused:

I wonder how P&O handle there ticket/folder allocation system, as it doesnt make sense to me that passengers sailing after my departure date are getting their tickets earlier????

Congrats to all you that have your tickets, but I JUST WANT MINE TO ARRIVE!!!! :)

yes i can imagine that you would be getting frustrated , its exciting to see your ticket in front of you. Also gives you the chance to book your shore tours, which i done yesterday.Hope you have a fantastic cruise, i'm beside myself with excitement. Are you flying in the same day as your cruise or coming earlier? We are flying up a day before so we can have a day in sydney.:D

Sorry Sassycatz, but I cant answer your question, but I noticed that you and alot of others are mentioning that you already have your blue folders!!!(and you are all cruising after me!!!) :confused: :confused:

I wonder how P&O handle there ticket/folder allocation system, as it doesnt make sense to me that passengers sailing after my departure date are getting their tickets earlier????

Congrats to all you that have your tickets, but I JUST WANT MINE TO ARRIVE!!!! :)

P&O will only issue tickets after THEY have recieved your full payment.

I do know that some TA's will hold your money till the last posible day so they get the interest etc on it, so although you may have paid your fare P&O may not have recieved any payment as yet.

I had the same problem with my usual TA and told her in no uncertain terms that I wanted the payment forwarded when I had paid her, and I got my blue folder over 2 months before the cruise we are going on.

Previous cruises booked through her we only got them about 2 weeks before (and after pre booking of shore tours had closed).

P&O will only issue tickets after THEY have recieved your full payment.

I do know that some TA's will hold your money till the last posible day so they get the interest etc on it, so although you may have paid your fare P&O may not have recieved any payment as yet.

I had the same problem with my usual TA and told her in no uncertain terms that I wanted the payment forwarded when I had paid her, and I got my blue folder over 2 months before the cruise we are going on.

Previous cruises booked through her we only got them about 2 weeks before (and after pre booking of shore tours had closed).

full payment AND full details...ie: if someone in your party is still waiting for their passport etc no tickets will be issued...

full payment AND full details...ie: if someone in your party is still waiting for their passport etc no tickets will be issued...

yes Carlz ... I was about to post the same thing ... we didn't get our tickets for our Feb/Mar cruise until about two weeks before as the other party that was travelling with us were waiting on passport details, etc.

I tried to search for this as i'm sure its been up before but couldn't find it. Anyway i have my blue folder with no cabin allocation as yet on my ticket.Rang P&O direct ,lady said the level we had booked for was all taken (n), and that i would need to get my travel agent to chase it up. Went to travel agent and he rang and they just said that i definately will have a cabin but as yet they dont know. My travel agent said to keep checking with him ,but maybe i wont find out until i board. My question is if i dont find out til i board then what do i put on my lugagge tags where it says cabin number. Im worried if i dont put anything my luggage wont turn up. cheers sassycatz:)

Hi sassycatz,

On our last cruise, DH & I didn't have a cabin allocated until 4 days prior to sailing. Like you, we wondered how we would label our luggage tags. Keep checking your cruise personaliser and I am sure you will be allocated a cabin prior to departure.

Sarah

Hi sassycatz,

On our last cruise, DH & I didn't have a cabin allocated until 4 days prior to sailing. Like you, we wondered how we would label our luggage tags. Keep checking your cruise personaliser and I am sure you will be allocated a cabin prior to departure.

Sarah

We are in a similar situation, we've had our blue folder for 10 days with no cabin number allocated, and have been checking the personaliser daily.

Rang P&O directly too and was told that because we booked a guarantee they haven't allocated the cabins for our sailing yet, and we may not get allocated until we checked in. I then asked what we should put on our luggage tags then and he said just fill in everything else. He also said to call back and/or check the personaliser during the time up until we go in case they do allocate us before. So hopefully we know before we go

Layni

yes i can imagine that you would be getting frustrated , its exciting to see your ticket in front of you. Also gives you the chance to book your shore tours, which i done yesterday.Hope you have a fantastic cruise, i'm beside myself with excitement. Are you flying in the same day as your cruise or coming earlier? We are flying up a day before so we can have a day in sydney.:D

I dont have to fly anywhere as I live in Brisbane and we are going on the Pacific Sun.

I have picked the tours I want to do and just want to book them.

P&O definately have my payment(and have done for about 4 weeks) as I checked the bank Statement!!

Our passport details and everything else is filled out on my personalizer.(even our cabin number.)

Oh well- Just goes to show I must be a bit impatient!!! :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise :)

P&O definately have my payment(and have done for about 4 weeks) as I checked the bank Statement!!

:)

Thats what I was trying to get at. Its come out of your account but that only means the TA has the money NOT P&O.

I've been in the same situation, what i've done is go to the desk in the terminal before you check your bags and they will give you your cabin number which you can then put on your tags.

thanks for all the replies, thats great!At least i know we are not alone,and that it has all worked out ok for others. Has anyone ever been upgraded form just a normal cabin to anything really flash?When i imagine an upgrade i think it would only be like up higher in the boat. We have paid for plaza deck in a 2 berth cabin , so im hoping maybe there is going to be an upgrade:)

people on our dawn cruise never did get their blue folder at all. A lot of us didnt get ours till late (all seperate booking numbers and from different parts of australia)as we were told they had all been sent out but they were never received and had to be reissued. This came from P&O not the trave agent. The people in question got a piece of paper with their details faxed to them at their hotel on the morning we were to leave.:eek: They were also told that their tickets had been issued the same day as ours were supposed to have been.So it pays to keep checking up on them all

Icy

same thing happended to me on my last cruise, no cabin number on ticket. I think you will find it is just a case of continually checking cruise personalizer as that is what i did and it eventually showed up, dont panic im sure all will be just fine, hope you have a ball regards aussiescouser:D

Hey There

The fact you have received your ticket means the full fare has been received - so if this was booked through an Agent, they have forwarded the funds to us. I have never heard of any Agent not forwarding the funds immediately. If you do not have a cabin allocated to your tickets, this means you have a guarantee booking.

This means you are guaranteed a cabin on the category you purchased your cruise fare on. This generally means that you will be allocated a cabin anywhere from 1 week out of sail date.

I would strongly recommend contacting P&O cruises a few days before Embarkation.

If you need any more advise, please do not hesitate to ask.

All the best and if I dont hear back from you, have a great cruise.:)

On one of our cruises, our cabin was changed and we didn't find out until we were checking in, and after we'd already handed over our bags at luggage check in...

There was no problem, our bags found thier way to our new cabin (3 decks higher and at the opposite end of the ship) without us needing to do anything about it.... except for chasing us a suit bag who's luggage tag had fallen off.

I dont have to fly anywhere as I live in Brisbane and we are going on the Pacific Sun.

I have picked the tours I want to do and just want to book them.

Our passport details and everything else is filled out on my personalizer.(even our cabin number.)

Oh well- Just goes to show I must be a bit impatient!!! :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise :)

you can book your shore tours without your tickets.

Use the email in contacts from the P&O website- or ask your TA to arrange it via email also. Have fun!

I've been in the same situation, what i've done is go to the desk in the terminal before you check your bags and they will give you your cabin number which you can then put on your tags.

Hi Nigel, good to see you around here again. Anymore cruises booked yet?:) . It's hard to believe it's 2 years ago today since our Sun cruise.

Archived