Operation Hours of The Forts?

emnmandasmom

My 2 Daughters age 9 and myself will be on the NCL Spirit in a few weeks with a stop in OSJ. Our ship gets in at 2 PM

I am a photographer so I definitely want to see some of the historic things that OSJ has to offer.

Should we take the Cruise line Excursion or would hopping on the Trolley be the easiest way for us to see one of the Forts. Which one is recommended? Will I be able to see a little bit of it getting there around 3PM and then be able to do a bit of shopping and looking around OSJ?

Just trying to get an idea of what we want to do.

Thanks in Advance for any Help that is offered!! :)

Christy!

We were in OSJ back in August- which apparently must be off season because the forts both closed at 5:00. We docked at 3:00 got right off and walked up to the forts. Had we come upon a trolley we would have taken that, but none came by.

If you just walk up the hill and toward the left you will end up at the fort. Make sure you stop for a drink because it is HOT!!!

If you look on the parks dept web site you can get all of the info you need to plan your trip.

http://www.nps.gov/saju/planyourvisit/index.htm

We love OSJ- as a photographer, you will be in heaven!

I have lots of ideas of things to see while you are in port- go through the OSJ "walking tours" and pick and choose what interests you.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/07/01/old-san-juan-walking-tour-1/

Museums close early- like 4:15p, the Forts close later 5 or 6pm depending on time of year. Some stores/shopping close later.

Do your forts first, then take the tours backwards.

If you take the trolley up to the forts (it may be quicker to walk, unless you get lucky and the "Forts" trolley shows up right as you get to the dock). Both forts are beautiful, but El Morro gives you a better water view.

Archived