Carnival from NYC to sail to Half Moon Cay

x lindsay x

I just found out that Carnival are doing a new 8 day sailing out of NYC in 2009 that includes a stop at Half Moon Cay. My biggest complaint with the Noordam itineraries was the lack of a stop at HMC. I am definitely annoyed that Carnival is able to offer this while HAL never did.

copied from:

http://carnival-news.com/

Carnival Cruise Lines has added a new eight-day eastern Caribbean cruise option from New York aboard the 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle featuring port calls to Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; the private island of Half Moon Cay; and Nassau, The Bahamas.

The new cruise route will be offered approximately once a month from May through September 2009 and will complement the ship’s existing eastern Caribbean cruise schedule from New York featuring stops at San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., and Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

There's additional info on the usa today cruise blog as well for those who are interested.

None of Carnival's 2009 intineraries from NYC, reflect HMC. I wonder if they have yet to be updated or the blog is reporting erroneous information.

Other Carnival ships, sailing from MIA, have used HMC for the past several years.

None of Carnival's 2009 intineraries from NYC, reflect HMC. I wonder if they have yet to be updated or the blog is reporting erroneous information.

Check out booking on carnival.com. This is what you'll find. It was a smart move to put HMC as the middle port to allow for a full day there.

8 Day Eastern Caribbean from New York, NY

Day 1 New York, NY

Day 2 Fun Day At Sea

Day 3 Fun Day At Sea

Day 4 Grand Turk

Day 5 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Day 6 Nassau, Bahamas

Day 7 Fun Day At Sea

Day 8 Fun Day At Sea

Day 9 New York, NY

Sail Dates:

May 8, 2009

Jun 1, 2009

Jul 3, 2009

Jul 19, 2009

Aug 4, 2009

Sep 5, 2009

Sep 29, 2009

We have been taking a cruise each March to coincide with my wife's birthday. This may be great cruise but the itinerary isn't.

A stop at HMC is nice, but the water is way too cold for casual swimming in March. At least that's our experience. Don't get me wrong: It's possible to swim but you are unlikely to stay in the water long.

As to the rest of the itinerary, what's so great about visiting Nassau?

There are some things to do in Nassau - my DH plays golf, so that will be a nice port for him and I love swimming with dolphins which is also offered there.

Ardstra Gardens is a beautiful location (and, the flamingo show is really nice as well).

There isn't a lot of "scenic" beauty there; however, there are some nice trips to do.

I didn't check on the Miracle for early in the year; only when she's in NY and doing the 8 day from here. The first of this "new" itinerary is May 8th and the last is the end of September in 2009. The Miracle isn't in NY in March that I know of unless they have changed the timing of her moving to NY from Florida where she spends the winter.

We have been taking a cruise each March to coincide with my wife's birthday. This may be great cruise but the itinerary isn't.

A stop at HMC is nice, but the water is way too cold for casual swimming in March. At least that's our experience. Don't get me wrong: It's possible to swim but you are unlikely to stay in the water long.

As to the rest of the itinerary, what's so great about visiting Nassau?

We were at HMC at the end of February and while the water wasn't as warm as it was in Belize, Roatan and Cozumel it wasn't that bad. Once you were in and moved around it was nice. And I am not a fan of cold water.

Archived