oceanview cabin with 4 people

pugaddict

Has anyone stayed in an oceanview cabin with 4 people? My son and girlfriend 19, 18 are coming with us and last year we had a mini suite. This year we wanted to save a little money. Will we regret not getting the mini suite?:confused: We are on the Dawn

Well, it will be interesting thats for sure! We had four in a Star Oceanview but two of them were our kids aged 5 and 2. We actually found the sleeping layout worked well and we did not feel that we had too little room. Now, having said that, a 19 and 18 Year-old young couple is a totally different thing.

Just to help you picture it, with the trundle bet out, your entire wall against the window will be bed, with plenty of room for three people. The fourth will be in the bed that drops from the wall, whatever its called. That bed is quite comfortable, better than I was expecting.

Your walking around area (such that it is) doesn't really change much from 2 people to 4, so its not so much that the extra people make the usable space that much smaller, its more about the comfort of having four adults in such a small room.

Be careful with your packing as you will not have enough drawer and hanger space either.

It can be done but it would be hard to recommend it.

First off, the mini suite is just an oversized balcony. You still have only ONE bathroom. You still have a situation where if anyone wants to stay up, they everyone stays up. In anyone wants to get up early, everyone gets up early. If one person burps, everyone hears it. Etc. These rooms are half the size of hotel rooms.

Think about getting an inside across the hall for the youngins.

I just re-read your post. You have been on a cruise. You probably know what works for you. Would NEVER work for me. But to each their own.

Has anyone stayed in an oceanview cabin with 4 people? My son and girlfriend 19, 18 are coming with us and last year we had a mini suite. This year we wanted to save a little money. Will we regret not getting the mini suite?:confused: We are on the Dawn

The mini-suite doesn't gain you much as far as walking area, but at least there you have a curtain to separate the main bed from the convertible couch. Sleeping arrangements in a mini-suite would pretty much be "paired"; whereas the oceanview would help enforce individual beds. No idea what the situation is in that respect with your son and his girlfriend; nor do I care. Just something to think about when weighing regret with circumstances.

It is do-able, but I think you also know it will be cramped quarters. I'm all about saving money and if it were my only option I'd go and deal with it. However, maybe you could price 2 connecting or side by side inside cabins? An oceanview is a window, that's all. A mini-suite or a balcony does give you a little extra 'breathing' room with the balcony at least. But for the 4 of you, it still only gives you one bathroom and not much more space. You might pay a tad bit more for 2 insides as opposed to 1 oceanview, but you'd all have your own space and bathroom. Just a thought.:)

One time... at band camp... no not really. But one time we did have a girls only cruise... 4 of us. We were young adults and we got an inside. We lived through it, but never again. (We are still friends.) Nancy

I did an oceanview with my two girlfriends who are DIVAS. we barely fit...we loved the bed situation but our crap was EVERYWHERE! Three young women with hair care products to rival any salon in one room. You couldn't even SEE our vanity table. lol.

I would agree with whoever said to get the kids an inside room. However, I know not all parents are willing to let their children sleep with a boyfriend/girlfriend alone. If that's situation, I'd say go with the suite. Don't punish yourself with a tiny room! Its a vacation!

one photo is the usually way the beds are..the other is how come cabins are allow the beds to be moved around. still, with no privacy?

Wow that looks tight!! I could never squeeze four people in an ocean view. :eek: MPO Never mind the bathroom!!!

Archived