what is the best time to get on ship

bdm

how long of a ride is it from miami international to the ship? what is the best time to get on the ship? our flight to go home is not until sunday so should we not rush off the ship? i hate to wait in line to get off

It takes about 20-30 mins, and the ship should open for boarding by 11:30 am--maybe sooner.

You will have to be out of your cabin by 8am--so you may as well get off! The entire ship must be emptied by 10 am, and it's not a pleasant way to spend your morning. There is little or no service on that last day. Just pack the night before and head off the ship--the new batch of passengers will be waiting for you to leave, so they can start their good time!

We are usually on board by 11:30 am. On the last day, we always get the latest luggage tag color and hang out on the pool deck reading. Its deserted and no one bothers you. No point in waiting in the Centrum and be packed in like sardines. Depending on the ship, they will call one color at a time or a couple at time depending on how many they have.

On our most recent cruise, we were in the last group off when they called our tag color and didn't have a huge line.

how long of a ride is it from miami international to the ship? what is the best time to get on the ship? our flight to go home is not until sunday so should we not rush off the ship? i hate to wait in line to get off

About 30 minutes from Miami airport. I like to board the ship each time we cruise as early as we can because I always feel that my cruise starts the minute I set foot on the ship even if it is not sailing. Normally you cannot get to your room until 1:00 p.m. but as long as you are not lugging a lot of suitcases and things around with you that really isn't a problem. The welcome aboard lunch usually is going on when I board and we sit and eat and by that time the rooms are ready and we go put the stuff away and explore. Now, the initial "rush" to get on board usually clears out within 30 minutes so if you wait until noon to board you should not have much of a line. Getting off is another story. Everyone is waiting to have their color tag called. The one poster that said they wait by the pool and enjoy life is probably the smartest. We have to drive about 5 or 6 hours so we normally get in the crowd to get off as soon as we can and it is a headache. It is almost like everyone wants to be first to get on the ship and everyone wants to be first getting off the ship.

Archived