Mariner of the seas

Just booked for August and only cabin I could get is deck 2, is this going to be OK, I was a little concerned but thought this better than none at all. Also tips, if I pre pay gratuities is this best or not. If i do pre pay do i need to tip every time i use room service or not.

Yes--you need to tip on every room service call. They are not in the "tip pool", so give them cash.

As far as the rooms on deck 2--they are the same as anywhere else (of the same catagory), but you will have long elevator waits. It's hard to climb the stairs to deck 11!

Pre-paid tips are only for waiter, asst waiter, head waiter, & room attendant. Tips are automatically calculated in all beverage purchases so you don't have to tip there. However, room service is free so you should tip a couple of bucks to the person who delivers your free food to your room.

You don't have to pre-pay your gratuities before you leave on your cruise. One of the nights towards the middle of the cruise, your room attendant will leave you a form to fill out to have gratuities added to your SeaPass, running debit account. That way you don't have to pay for the gratuities until after your cruise instead of before it.

Yes--you need to tip on every room service call. They are not in the "tip pool", so give them cash.

As far as the rooms on deck 2--they are the same as anywhere else (of the same catagory), but you will have long elevator waits. It's hard to climb the stairs to deck 11!

Yes, but atleast the elevator will be empty when you get on! When I stay on deck 8 or 9 the elevators are always full by the time they get there!

Archived