panic

pugaddict

I hope everything is going to be ok. I canceled my reservation mainly because I didn't think we would have enough room (4 adults in an oceanview) I tried to just adjust my booking with the same TA,but I was quoted a 1800 dollar price jump for a mini suite. I checked out another cruise site online and a mini suite was 1200 dollars Cheaper!!! How could I not do it. Will NCL see that I've cancelled and rebooked and not give me the lower price?

I think I gave my take on that in another thread where you mentioned it. If you're outside of final payment there normally isn't a problem (I think you just made it :D) Unless you booked at a fare restricted to "new booking only" you should be OK

Good for you! As long as you compared apples to apples and all the fees, port charges, and taxes are included you should be fine. I highly doubt that NCL won't honor the price. I've heard it happening before but it seems to be the exception and not the rule.

I have no idea where you booked this, but I think I might know where. A similar thing just happened to me.

Booked with TA. One inside room, one mini-suite. 3 days after booking am browsing the websites and find a site that is 243.00 cheaper for the inside room and 496.00 cheaper for the mini-suite. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and checked NCL's site..prices had dropped a little, but only $20 for both categories. I called this websites phone number, got them to look up the prices and they confirmed that the website prices were correct. They also said that these were not new booking only prices. I called NCL just to check and they verified that their prices had not changed drastically and at this time, they were not yet offering lower rates for new bookings.

We're months away from final payment, so I called the original TA and told them what I had found. It took 4 days but they finally got back to me tonight and said that I was correct about the prices on the other site. And, they would honor those prices. They then explained that this other place will most likely not be in business much longer at they are taking thier commissions from the cruiselines and dumping them back into discounted cruises. Evidently, this is not done (I have no real idea how the TA business works). According to the TA, they really are not allowed to undercut the cruise line's prices so drastically so they will most likely go under financially or will be shut down for this practice. Her words to me were that we are a good customer and her supervisor said they will honor that price and then decide how they are going to go about going after this other TA.

In the end I actually felt a little bad for asking the TA to match this price. I believe they were being sincere with me as their prices were better then most but no one I've found has been able to match the price of the 2nd website....no where. I sort of feel like I screwed them over.

So, if you booked through this website, I'd suggest you enjoy what you got cause they most likely won't be around for booking future cruises, at least at those low rates! :)

I personally would not book a cruise through a website travel agent. We know our travel agent, have been on cruises with her (and land vacations), sat across the dinner table from her, and know her agency is reputable and to be trusted. My relationship with her agency goes back to 1981. If we don't book through her agency, we book directly through NCL. In my mind, you're just asking for trouble trying to save that extra buck. P.S. She's a local agency but serves elsewhere.

I personally would not book a cruise through a website travel agent. We know our travel agent, have been on cruises with her (and land vacations), sat across the dinner table from her, and know her agency is reputable and to be trusted. My relationship with her agency goes back to 1981. If we don't book through her agency, we book directly through NCL. In my mind, you're just asking for trouble trying to save that extra buck. P.S. She's a local agency but serves elsewhere.

I can understand your feeling, but we've alway used online agents and have been very pleased with them. In my above story, the TA we booked through is also an online TA. Have used them previously and have always received excellent service.

I can understand your feeling, but we've alway used online agents and have been very pleased with them. In my above story, the TA we booked through is also an online TA. Have used them previously and have always received excellent service.

I agree:) I have booked my last 3 cruises through 3 different online agencies and have never had any problems. In fact, I have saved over $1000 and received excellent customer service and support.

My current cruise was booked through one of the largest internet discounters. The customer service I have received from them has been top notch. I have had several problems that needed to be worked out with NCL and my agent has gone above and beyond. He even assisted me in switching to a larger cabin, for no additional charge (after final payment).

IMO as long as the online company is reputable and the consumer has done his or her homework, booking through an online TA should not be a problem.

Archived