Cruise travel certificates

cometsmom

I thought I posted this once, but didn't see it so if this is post #2 I apologize!

I received a call today to see if I was interested in purchasing, for $458, (not including port charges) cruise travel certificates that are good for 7 cruises over 5 years, on all the major cruise lines (five 7-day cruises and two 3-4-5 day cruises). It also includes other travel "coupons" like timeshare/condo deals, golf green's fees, etc. It's a 2-for-1 deal where you pay (through their travel agency) the first full fare, next one's free, etc., up to four people per cruise - fully transferrable - I checked out their website and I think they mostly market to companies who use these certificates as incentives for their sales personnel. They are fully transferrable and I can supposedly even donate them to say, my kids' school auction, etc. The company is Holiday Travel - website htoa.com - There is a seven day grace period after I receive them and I do want to read more fine print, i.e., what is the price of the first full fare, etc.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this or received a similar call! Thanks for any info!

I thought I posted this once, but didn't see it so if this is post #2 I apologize!

I received a call today to see if I was interested in purchasing, for $458, (not including port charges) cruise travel certificates that are good for 7 cruises over 5 years, on all the major cruise lines (five 7-day cruises and two 3-4-5 day cruises). It also includes other travel "coupons" like timeshare/condo deals, golf green's fees, etc. It's a 2-for-1 deal where you pay (through their travel agency) the first full fare, next one's free, etc., up to four people per cruise - fully transferrable - I checked out their website and I think they mostly market to companies who use these certificates as incentives for their sales personnel. They are fully transferrable and I can supposedly even donate them to say, my kids' school auction, etc. The company is Holiday Travel - website htoa.com - There is a seven day grace period after I receive them and I do want to read more fine print, i.e., what is the price of the first full fare, etc.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this or received a similar call! Thanks for any info!

I use to work for a marketing co. that gave away free cruise tickets good for a 3 day cruise, sounds good, but when you try to use one the limits on them make it almost useless unless you upgrade, then it was almost the same price as if you booked teh trip yourself with no strrings. My advice is stay away from this type of promo.

Bob P.

I am always leary about having to pay money upfront for travel that I will supposedly "take in the future"

I have no experience with this company, but it sounds too good to be true.

There must be alot of restrictions and blackout dates for you to purchase cruises for that price and be able to use them up to 5 years out.

Donna

You will get what you pay for. I get faxes all the time for "Cruise to the Bahamas" for $99 per person. Read the fine print, add port charges and $199 processing fee and you will probably pay $100 more than thru a reliable TA.

Tahoe Bob: Thanks so much for your advice! I love these boards! I can't believe I bought it so easily! I'm normally VERY skeptical when it comes to parting with my money so swiftyl! I will be using by "cooling off" card!

It was like they read my mind (or the websites I've been looking at, more likely) because I've been seriously thinking about next summer's cruise and checking out prices, etc.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

:rolleyes: Whether it's stock market investments, travel deals, etc., it's always wise to remember the old adage -- "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". And, of course, the fine print always requires the use of a magnifying glass.:rolleyes:

Archived