Mercury dress code

mscg2000

As confusing as it sounds, you have it backward. On casual night, he should be fine with a polo shirt and slacks.

Per our recent Celebrity Today (Galaxy, though I believe it was the same on Millie and Century) on informal night it reads "Sports jackets and slacks"

For Casual:

Sports shirt and slacks.

You will get contrasting opinions on this board. This is not my opinion, but rather what was stated on my recent cruise.

For the informal night he will likely get away without a tie but there are no guarantees; the dress code does call up a tie on informal nights but it is not always enforced. Certainly a polo shirt and slacks will be ok for the casual nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Celebrity's Policy:

A gentleman's choice for casual nights includes a sport shirt and slacks, while women will be comfortable in a pants suit, skirt and blouse, or casual dress.

On informal nights, men are requested to wear a jacket, shirt and slacks, No jeans, while women may want to wear a suit or dress.

For the formal nights, including the Captain's Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party, dinner on the second night, and the Captain's Farewell Dinner held the next-to-last night of the cruise; both men and women may prefer more dressy attire, such as an evening gown for women and a tuxedo or dress suit for men.

So on the informal nights you should be ok with just a jacket and no tie, however I think you will able to probably get away with no jacket and a tie if you wanted to push the dress code,

Recently returned from Mercury cruise. Saw many gentlemen wear sweaters or just dress shirts on informal night, even saw a couple walk in in jeans and tennis shoes. I know this might not help, but thought I'd add my 2 cents of what I saw

Recently returned from Mercury cruise. Saw many gentlemen wear sweaters or just dress shirts on informal night, even saw a couple walk in in jeans and tennis shoes. I know this might not help, but thought I'd add my 2 cents of what I saw

Well that is to bad. We all get the same information but some just choose to ignore it.

Archived