Phillipsburg or Orient Beach

apr68

I know that this might get redirected to the St. Martin boards but I'm giving it a try here as I will be arriving in St. Martin on the CB... I know that Philipsburg beach is much closer to the area where the CB will be docked and that is a plus but from the pics I've seen it doesn't look as nice as Orient ( will have DD's ages 11 and 8 with me) Can I get the opinion of someone who has been to either or both beaches?

I know that this might get redirected to the St. Martin boards but I'm giving it a try here as I will be arriving in St. Martin on the CB... I know that Philipsburg beach is much closer to the area where the CB will be docked and that is a plus but from the pics I've seen it doesn't look as nice as Orient ( will have DD's ages 11 and 8 with me) Can I get the opinion of someone who has been to either or both beaches?

May I suggest you take a taxi to Little Divi Bay Resport right from port. The ride is less than ten minutes. You can use the beach which is nice and they have water sports also such as jet ski's, etc, used by guests and visitor's. When you want to go back to port they will gladly call you a taxi. :)

http://www.divilittlebay.com/DiviLittleBay/st-maarten-water-sports.html

I am a little bias as Orient is one of my all time favorite beaches, so I would Pick Orient. If clothing optional is a problem you could stay on the North or left side of the beach facing the water. They have been cracking down on the fully nude people walking the beach too far from the Clothing Optional Resort on the far South End.Too many cruiser's complaining is the scoop. I would be surpirsed if you would see any fully nude people on the North End, maybe a couple of topless women but that would be about it. Looking at about a $20-$25 RT taxi fare to get to Orient Beach.

If you decide against OB, I would definately pick Little Divi over Phillipsburg and it's really not that far away. Have Fun!!!

Archived