Canapes

hunnypot1

Someone posted that HAL provides canapes during CC M&Ms. I believe they are also provided as a suite amenity.

What kind of canapes are served?

What are your favorites?

Which one(s) do you not care for?

It's my experience that HAL provides coffee, juice, water, and cookies for Meet and Greets. The better stuff does sometimes appear, but that's not part of their normal routine. Hot hors d'oeurves ARE served prior to dinner in the Lounges - not a help your self table, but actual individual plate service. You don't have to order these, they are simply offered to you. They can also be delivered, by request, to the stateroom of any suite guest.

I must admit I'm often unsure exactly what is in these delightful warm treats. :) I've seen spring rolls, pate in pastry, pot stickers, and number of delicious mystery treats. All are wonderful, IMO.

You need to get with the BAR MANAGER about this.

Have the names and room numbers of everyone in the group as it give you validity. They will provide hot and cold hour derves and some free drinks if the group is large enough.

It has been our experience that they are more than willing to help out with the meetings. They will reserve the are, get extra bar help, do all the leg work, and then check on you while it is going on...

We have done this multiple times.

May we suggest first sea dat (or any sea day) between 12 noon and 3 pm.

Good luck and have a great cruise...

Ruth & Jim

We actually had two Meet and Greet's on our last Noordam cruise...1st and last sea day.

1st sea day was very rough (18' seas) and it was difficult navigating the ship...and people were seasick...so that was not well attended. We opted to have another at the end of the cruise.

They served hot appetizers and drinks at both. I asked Seattle for that when I booked the M & G, and they couldn't guarantee it...but they did come through! The only thing you are guaranteed are coffee, tea, water, and cookies, so we were very pleasantly surprised.

Sorry...I just read that you asked what they served!

The appetizers were similar to those served at a "typical" cocktail party or event: Spring rolls, spanikopita, stuffed mushrooms, etc.

I should mention, there were two couples, including us, who were on the same Noordam cruise last year. I had arranged that M & G, too, and they forgot all about us last year...no refreshments or cruise staff. So we think perhaps this was their way of making it up to us. It worked! ;)

Setting it up and what you get has a lot to do with how you approach the bar manager and how well you get along..

We get the best service on the Veendam, but we have sailed on this ship 19-20 times and know most of the senior staff by their first names. This helps a lot. Try to get the people with the most days on HAL ships to set it up. That does have some influence.

When we approach them we are never demanding but not mely mouthed either. Just be direct and too the point and have copies of the list for him. I like to use the term "If at all possible".

The monies they spend for these comes out of the Hotel Managers Budget. It is not provided by Seattle...

Ruth & Jim

The ship provided drinks and hot apps at our meet and greet last month on W'dam. Was very nice of them, and unexpected! I can't remember exactly what the apps were, but there were three or four types of tasty hot bites, served by waiters bringing them 'round. Also juices and mimosas, coffee, etc. Also Ron the HM and Jason the CD dropped by to say hello. :)

Archived