What food do you MISS on a cruise?

cruisinbuddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't you guys realize that if there is something you want and its not on the menu, they'll make it for you! I've asked for a banana flambe and they made it the next night for me! I've also asked for brushetta every night and they did it on Celebrity. I never had a problem with missing anything!

On a cruise, I miss having little access to whole wheats and whole grains. I like whole wheat pasta and miss it when on the ships. I also miss being able to get a baked sweet potato instead of white....same for whole wheat/whole grain bread.

It's funny, but looking back at our cruise, I can honestly say, I didn't miss anything. In fact, I got to have food that I love, but do not ordinarily get to have....my DH does not like Chinese food, I ate it every day on the Conquest, nor does he like seafood, which I had almost every night. That's what's so much fun!! There's all different types of food to explore:)

I haven't cruised yet, but on past land trips, I miss my whole grain toast for breakfast,. Yes I can get toast, but by the time it comes to the table its cold.

.I like it hot & crusty. iF its a breakfast bar type hotel, those toasting machines only make it luke warm & not even toasted, it needs about 3 trips through the machine, which is not possible when there is a line behind you

I love cruise food, but by the end I'm ready for a good home-cooked meal. Doesn't matter what it is. I don't necessarily miss it while on board, but I do look forward to it as soon as I'm home.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I miss any one particular food but I do miss flavours such as garlic, spices and lots of herbs!!! The food on our recent Emerald Princess Mediterranean cruise was OK--nothing bad except the beef wellington which was spongy!!!!---but not much to write home about. The night they did the Indonesian Rice table was the best for us. Otherwise bland bland bland! I also naively thought we would get to have some of the foods from the countries we visited--there was very little of that. However, We don't cruise for the food , we cruise for the great places we get to visit and the new friends we make!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is true about specialty orders... We were talking to the asst Maitre D about chili ch omlts and he was curious about them. We told him they have the chili from the Hamburger grill area.. We told him how to make them and he said to show up for breakfast the next morning and we will have them made for you (8 of us) We had our CCO that next morning as promised.. He even had one but I don't think he appreciated it as much as we did! lol... funny thing tho, other guests saw what we had and were saying hey I didn't see that on the menu.... They had to make a bunch more that day! :) This was Carnival

Soy milk! Some lines have it for coffee (at the coffee bar) but I never see it near cereal or anywhere else. :rolleyes:

Ask for it... they will go get you some.

I had oatmeal one day at the buffet, and asked. In a mere moment, I had a fresh glass of soymilk for my oatmeal handed to me!

In the dining room, you can request it, of course, and they will be very happy to serve you.

We met a portly couple puffing & blowing as we walked back to the ship in Hawaii last year. They were both loaded down with purchases.

We asked them what they had bought: 2 24's of Dr. Pepper. They said they could not get it on board and had missed it. They also told us they had just come from a feast at Burger King because the burgers on board were no good.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the shrimp cocktails, I had them every night and my waiter who I had 8/10 nights would go ahead and get me 2 orders. But aside from that lobster tail, veal, lamb, escargot, ice cream, the fries! (potatoes in general) and the room service cesear salad ... great now i'm craving them. =(

Archived