What food do you MISS on a cruise?

cruisinbuddy

• 2 weeks later...

I actually bring chips, crackers and candy. How pathetic is that? I take them ashore on beach days.

We have also brought decaf diet Coke, because switching around between caffeine and decaf would make my head explode.

Ash - when my son was younger he would only drink soy milk. We used to bring the quart sized extended life tetra packs with us...just a suggestion...

PS: we drive to ports

Hi. When I sailed to Alaska the Holland America ship had an espresso bar. I didn't use it & now I was wondering if they have MATCHA tea. Anyone know? If not, do you think I can bring my own green powdered tea on the plane in the baggage compartment?

Quiddler

We cruise often, and never fail, about day 3 my hubbie starts asking the staff if they can loan me a kitchen. He misses my southern cooking, eventhough he swore when he met me he hated it. The only thing he does not do now is gravy of any kind, but mac and cheese and beans with bacon fat, cornbread, biscuits he says the fancy food does not compare. Thankfully for me they can not, since 1 big thing for me is no cooking or cleaning for the week. lol

We miss TRUE Texas tex-mex food. Outside of the state of Texas, it's pretty much impossible to get. Since our next cruise is to Europe, we're bracing ourselves for 2 1/2 weeks sans tex-mex. I'm thinking we'll be hitting our favorite tex-mex restaurant on the way home from the airport when we get back.

I've got such a wide range of things I enjoy---including Thai, Mexican, Vietnamese and Japanese----but I can readily get them here at home. So when I'm cruising I enjoy eating the things I don't get regularly at home. In otherwards, I don't miss anything!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't miss anything. There is so many choices. I eat a lot better on the ship than I cook for myself at home. (I am single, and rarely cook). I actually find myself looking forward to the dinners, long before my cruise. When I am on a cruise, I always go and check the menu for dinner in the morning so I can look forward to it all day!

D'Isgney Unsalted Butter.

Foie Gras

Organic Beef (grass fed)

Salt-Marsh Lamb

85%+ Confiture

Unpastuerised Cheeses

Alsace Wines

I think you'd better come and spend a holiday with me in Alsace!! We can do the cruising - the local canal and the River Rhine at Breisach - and I'll take you to all the best local vineyards!!

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes I miss quality....and wonder when I see some that eat everything in sight are they eating jsut to get their money's worth or are they really hungry??

I would like better quality and would be willing to not have as many choices, as long as the few choices were really well done.

Archived