Brillance Aft Balcony Question

This has probably been addressed, but I haven't seen a specific answer to this question. I am booked in cabin 8168 and just noticed that the following are also available: 1102, 1104 & 1604. Any feedback on if you would keep to corner balcony on deck 8 or move up to a non-corner on deck 10? Need answers pretty quickly as I am assuming the aft cabins won't be available for much longer.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I would absolutely keep 8168 over 1102, 1104 or 1604. The cabin size will be the same for any of those cabins, but on deck 8 you are between 2 passenger decks, unlike the ones on deck 10 which are right below the outdoor seating area for the Windjammer.

we have booked 8160 does the same apply?

Not sure I understand, as my deck plans show 8160 as an E2 cabin on the port side of the ship, and 8168 as D1 in the aft. If you wanted to upgrade to a D1, I am pretty sure you would find the size of the balcony in oneof the aft cabins to be considerably larger than those on the side of the ship.

No, it is not the same. It is toward the aft of the ship, but is not actually on the aft of the ship. If you look on the deck plans and "head" towards the aft of the ship, you'll come to your cabin on the port side of the ship. Continue past your cabin and you'll note a line of "dark purple" cabins that actually go across the stern of the ship. 8168 is the first of the purple ones. The actual aft balconies are generally deeper than those along the side of the ship. 8168 on the corner is maybe not as deep as some of the other aft ones, but is quite a bit wider. Your E2 cabin is a bit smaller than D1 cabins along the aft (and elsewhere) and the balcony will be smaller than an aft balcony.

However, this is not to say that you won't love your cabin. All the Radiance class ships are beautiful and all the cabins are very nice.

No, it is not the same. It is toward the aft of the ship, but is not actually on the aft of the ship. If you look on the deck plans and "head" towards the aft of the ship, you'll come to your cabin on the port side of the ship. Continue past your cabin and you'll note a line of "dark purple" cabins that actually go across the stern of the ship. 8168 is the first of the purple ones. The actual aft balconies are generally deeper than those along the side of the ship. 8168 on the corner is maybe not as deep as some of the other aft ones, but is quite a bit wider. Your E2 cabin is a bit smaller than D1 cabins along the aft (and elsewhere) and the balcony will be smaller than an aft balcony.

However, this is not to say that you won't love your cabin. All the Radiance class ships are beautiful and all the cabins are very nice.

Vicki,

Your response is so much better that mine, although that is what I thought I was trying to say! Sometimes a screen name says it all....

How come 1600 looks like it has a small balcony. I just booked it thinking it was one of the best. What is THE best aft cabin on this ship?

Thanks.

If you look at the actual floor plans you have a huge cabin but the balcony is pie shaped but still quite large.

How come 1600 looks like it has a small balcony. I just booked it thinking it was one of the best. What is THE best aft cabin on this ship?

Thanks.

The BEST AFT cabin on the Brilliance is the one I'm in. OK, sorry, just had to.

I believe I've heard that it is JS 1100.

Altho, we LOVED 8168 for 10 days on the Panama Canal cruise in January.

We booked 1600 also, then saw these pictures. 1100 not only has a larger balcony but has an extra window. the GS is supposed to have 2 sliders but 1600 only has one. one poster said that 1600 is odd shaped and smaller than the other GSs. Does anyone know if you can see to the side in 1100 or 1600? It looks like they wrap around but it's hard to tell.

Having been in 8168 (and looking forward to 1100 in the future), there is a slight wrap. It's not possible though to look around and see the side of the ship. However, you do have a more panoramic view that you would have in a "middle" aft cabin.

You cannot really see to the side from 1100's balcony. The balcony comes to a point that is inaccessible. But you definitely have a great view 180 degrees and no obstruction. It is our favorite cabin...been in it three times.

Here are some good pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20281745@N06/sets/72157603108427938/

Deb

Click in the link in my signature to see 1100 (Radiance) and 1600 (Brilliance), inside and out. There is also a view of the balcony of 1600 taken from 1602 next door (Serenade).

IMHO both 1100 and 1602, both JS cabins, are superior to 1600, especially when you factor in the cost difference. 1600 is dark because it lacks that extra window, the layout is bizarre and the balcony is loaded with enough furniture to make it a bit crowded out there, although there is plenty of room for 2 people and the views are just as good as from 1100 and better than from 1602.

To be sure you will only get the perk of priority embarkation (in most ports) in a JS, so you won't have access to the Concierge, priority tendering/disembarkation, treats delivered to your cabin throughout the cruise, etc. unless you're also Diamond or D+ in the C&A Society. But if the price difference is substantial, you can buy most of the perks and still have money left over. And you'll have a better balcony, too!

Archived