liquor delivered to room?

Aaron792000

Calling in advance.

Princess used to sell liters at much better prices than Carnival and you could also get liters delivered to your room on Princess, but they cut that out a couple of years ago.

Now on Princess, I believe the 375s are all you can order and not as many varieties as they once had.

Cocktails are less expensive on Princess, but the cabins aren't.

Is there a way to have bottles of liquor delivered to your room like on princess? If so, does anyone have the price list?

I ordered a liter of Bacardi last week from the bon voage dept. $40 not sure if that is before or after tax. i think that was the total. I had to call and they said it would be deliverd to my cabin the first night.

With flying and weight concerns for our luggage, I though it would be easier.

I did the same thing, ordered a bottle of Bacardi and it cost 40.00, almost hated to tell my DH. But with flying to Europe first this year he can't smuggle the old "mouth wash" bottle on board. Hopefully he'll find something to drink in Italy cause I don't think a liter will last very long.

I did the same thing, ordered a bottle of Bacardi and it cost 40.00, almost hated to tell my DH. But with flying to Europe first this year he can't smuggle the old "mouth wash" bottle on board. Hopefully he'll find something to drink in Italy cause I don't think a liter will last very long.

The rules are different in Europe. There you can bring on board as much booze as you can carry. Nobody will take it away from you or tell you to check it. In fact, there will be no where to check it even if you wanted to.:)

You can restock in any port you choose.

Thanks for responding. Everything sounds like about twice the regular price. Smuggling still sounding better.

Anyone have beer stocked in their rooms for a Carib. cruise? Beer seems like a too much to pack.

I had a bottle of rum delivered to my room on our latest cruise.... about twice ($40 for a liter) what I would normally pay... BUT no broken bottle or worried about it being found or all the other problems. I will do it from now on and be HAPPY in my room. Did take cokes/mixers though.

Much cheaper than the bar drinks and LEGAL. We also had bubbly delivered.

We had rum delivered to our room and it was only about $5-10 more than we normally would pay in Canada and we didn't have the stress of breakage, smuggling or cleaning out the mouth wash bottles well enough to put the booze in. I would use the Bon Voyage Dept. again in a second.:)

Does anyone know what brands and types are available besides Barcardi and Smirnoff? I'm thinking about Baileys or other Liqueurs...they make nice nightcaps :)

Its best to just call...because the list isnt always the same.

Thanks for responding. Everything sounds like about twice the regular price. Smuggling still sounding better.

Anyone have beer stocked in their rooms for a Carib. cruise? Beer seems like a too much to pack.

I would say Carnival is only about 30% or so more expensive than Princess when it comes to booze.

On the rules in Europe . . .

Thats great news about being able to carry it on in any port, but how about purchases made in the ship's store? Can those also be brought back to the room, or are they held to the end of the cruise?

On the rules in Europe . . .

Thats great news about being able to carry it on in any port, but how about purchases made in the ship's store? Can those also be brought back to the room, or are they held to the end of the cruise?

Purchases in the duty free shop on the ship are still held until the end. Of course, if you do a B2B, jackpot for the second B.

Even at $50 for a bottle of Myers Rum (in 2006) a drink from the bar is $5.75 so less than 10 drinks in the week seemed reasonable to me. As others said, you also do not have to worry about breakage in the pre cruise. No muss no fuss.

Yep. Especially when they pour 1 oz shots.

about 34 oz in a liter * 5.75 = $195.50 :eek: + tip, I suspect.

Does anyone know what brands and types are available besides Barcardi and Smirnoff? I'm thinking about Baileys or other Liqueurs...they make nice nightcaps :)

Last year DW and I ordered Bombay Saphire Gin, Absolut Vodka, Crown Royal. Our friends ordered Grey Goose Vodka, and Jonnie Walker black label. No one ordered liqueurs so I can't help you there.

Archived