Finished my Alaskan Cruise Scrapbook

DisneyScrapper

212 pages later it is all done. I started the album's before we left with some pre-made pages. I have to say that I'm very proud of the way it came out. Wished I had a clue on how to post some of the pages but I don't.:( Now I will need to start thinking about my next Alaskan Cruise and try to get some of those pre-made pages done. CK convention is coming to my town in June so I will be on the lookout for some items from them. Also saw some cool items on Tropical Scrapbook the other night so I will be ordering from them again.

Good luck on all of you doing scrapbook it really is a way of keeping your memories alive.

oh, not fair! That is like a big tease! LOL - I was already to come enjoy your cruise with you... You simply must find a way to share some pages - even if you just have to take a pic of them for us! LOL

Congrats on 212 pages - that is... AMAZING. Seriously - that is out of control amazing. How much does that book weigh?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be a tease. Even asked my DS to help put the photo's here so everyone can see them. Will try to take pictures of them instead and post them that way. It really is 2 albums (3 ringers) that I bought at a Supper Wal-Mart kinda looks like a Coach bag but isn't by any means.........LOL

I hope you can post them too. It would be fantastic to see them.

I am going on my first cruise on June 6 and it is to Alaska. I have dreamed of going for many years.

I have already purchased many things for my scrapbook but hope to find some unique things in Alaska.

Good Luck posting your scrapbook and Congratulations for such a wonderful effort.

I haven't done much scrapbooking, any suggestions for creating some of the pre made pages ?

Went on Webshots under scrapbooks and found one about Alaska on there. Also many other scrapbook pages there to get ideas from. I was looking for DisneyScrappers but none on there yet, I will keep checking in.

dreamcruiser have fun on your Alaska cruise in June. I have been to Anchorage and surroinding areas before, flew there to see my mother, but that was many years ago, we would love to take a cruise there someday too.

WOW! :eek: 212 pages is ALOT!!!

I started a scrapbook for my cruise on the rhapsody in nov of 2005. I still haven't finishied it. But, I've moved twice since then and never seem to have the space to do it. I'm booking on the 04/26/2009 carnival conquest and I'm in a cruise mood. Think I'll get it back out and finish it while I've got the mood going on. :p

I'm waiting anxiously to see your pages.

It's true, you have to be in a mood for doing the projects. Some days I walk into the scraproom and walk out...it is all too overwhelming sometimes. But some days I can't wait to start doing a page.

I hope everyone is posting thier pages in Webshots or similar, so we all can see how you're doing. I have a few in Webshots under Minncruisers (same CC name but without the dot). I hope to post more soon, I have quite a few done so far on the Carnival Triumph. Beginning the Fantasy, and then Mariner. Someone gave me good advice once, to try doing one project at a time. It does help. Happy Scrappin' !!!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/563221869WyVWJq?start=12

Ignore the first several pictures didn't mean to download them. I of course did not copy all 212 but only the ones that I thought came out the best. I'm a very simple and a clean lines kind of scrapper. Hope you all like them. Enjoy!!

Becky,

Your pages are very nice, I love how you used color to accentuate certain things, like warm colors with the sunsets. Nice stickers and papers too that go so well with the photos you chose for each page. You mastered being able to fit larger photos 4x6, 8x10 on your pages, something I am struggling with doing my pages. Then I try to resize photos, but they still look large on the pages. I like doing 12x12 layouts too.There's always so much to try to fit in. I have also had luck making 2 or 4 pages instead of trying to stuff everything onto 1 page.

We weren't to all the places you were in Alaska, but seeing photos of there sure brings back many nice memories for me, when my Mom lived there years ago.

Thanks for sharing your nice work with us.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I took it to work with me yesterday and 2 of my co-workers had also gone with DH and I. We all kept remembering different things we had done. What made it so easy....LOL was that I had done about 100 pages pre-cruise, since I had looked at everyone's pictures taken from cruises that had gone before we went so I kinda new what the color palate would be.

Now I get to start working on my next Alaskan Cruise coming up in Sept........:) And try to do something different this time around. We will be doing different thing son this cruise with my BIL and SIL this time.

Great Scrapbook!!

I like clean lines too, but I also like to add lots of stickers and embelishments. I'll try to post what I have sometime this week.

She's right that's a fantastic scrapbook.

• 3 weeks later...

DisneyScrapper,

Loved your book. I have to do mine from last year to Pacific NW and Alaska. Loved your simple layouts.

You must live in my neck of the woods. Are you going to CKU convention next month>

Thanks again for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

love your pics and style of scrapbooking --

what size are your photo pages? and binder?

thank you - I have about 700 photos/postcards I need to put in a scrapbook from my Alaska Cruise from May 3 to 17th - from Sf to Vancouver on the Serenade of the Seas...

Corkey Carol

love your pics and style of scrapbooking --

what size are your photo pages? and binder?

thank you - I have about 700 photos/postcards I need to put in a scrapbook from my Alaska Cruise from May 3 to 17th - from Sf to Vancouver on the Serenade of the Seas...

Corkey Carol

I did 12x12 pages and as for the binder, I found it at Wal-Mart it has a 3 ringer and could hold close to 100 pages per book ( I filled 2 of them). They cost around $20 each, but last month I found them on clearence for $5 so I snaped up 2 more but this time in brown instead of black for my Sept Alaskan Cruise.

I did 12x12 pages and as for the binder, I found it at Wal-Mart it has a 3 ringer and could hold close to 100 pages per book ( I filled 2 of them). They cost around $20 each, but last month I found them on clearence for $5 so I snaped up 2 more but this time in brown instead of black for my Sept Alaskan Cruise.

thank you - I have not seen the 12 x 12 there - maybe I need to look closer - I have been buying photo sheets that hold 4 - 5" x 7"'s per page as I used to get my pics printed in that size - but no binders/albums for those pages. I have to find binders in other brands that will clear those sheets and 12 x 12 would be the right 3 ring binder size.

Corkey Carol

Archived