Transportation to port and to airport

Fitnessmaniac

We are going to Orlando 2 days before our cruise on the Mariner. We would like to book our own hotel.

Do you know if RCCL or any other service will provide transportation to the Port Canaveral and then transportation from Port Canaveral to the airport in Orlando after the cruise?

What is the best way to do this?

Should we rent a car to use in Orlando and to Port Canaveral?

How do we get back to the airport after the cruise?

I'm so confused. We usually use RCCL for hotel and transportation..but have come to realize how much more expensive this is!

Suggestions please! Thank you. :)

Rental cars are usually the cheapest option as there are no drop-off fees in Florida. I've used Budget and always been happy with them. They have a convenient turn-in location in Cocoa Beach.

Thank you for your reply. :) Is there transportation at the drop off place in Cocoa Beach to the port? Where's Cocoa Beach in reference to the pier?

Also...after our cruise...how is the best way to get back to Orlando's airport? Thanks again. :)

We had a group (6) so we rented an SUV in Orlando and drove to and stayed in Cocoa Beach (Hampton Inn I think). Found out rental car agency would've dropped us at the pier for no addt'l charge--after we turned in the car. Paid $5 or so per person for hotel shuttle to the ship.

We used the cruise line's transportation back to Orlando

As far as returning to the airport from the ship- just get the RCCL shuttle bus,you can book it onboard- I think it was $25 per person . I wouldn't bother with a rental car at that stage, just get on and go to the airport. :)

Archived