taking food off boat to beach?

serenacatherine

i am not trying to be tacky... i have a condition where i will get very dizzy and weak but when i eat 6 small meals (snacks) during the day i will be ok. i am not sure if there are deli type places or places around to get snacks. i did not want to be on the bus feeling sick walking far and getting dizzy and not having a little snack on me. please do not call me tacky.

Not only is it against the law, it is really tacky. Many beaches have a place to buy a snack, so just pack $10 or so for that - it will weigh a lot less!

i am not trying to be tacky... i have a condition where i will get very dizzy and weak but when i eat 6 small meals (snacks) during the day i will be ok. i am not sure if there are deli type places or places around to get snacks. i did not want to be on the bus feeling sick walking far and getting dizzy and not having a little snack on me. please do not call me tacky.

You sound like my husband. He ALWAYS carries some type of snack crackers, granola bar or power bar even when we're not on a cruise. There are usually individual prepackaged cereals at breakfast that might help you.:)

Sorry - I did not mean to call anyone tacky - what I meant was that the locals find it unappealing when people come out to a beach and bring lunch rather than buy it.

If someone has a condition where they need to keep something on their stomach, that is not taking lunch, that is just survival! As stated by others, the packaged energy bars, etc. which can be brought from home, are usually OK to keep with you. I imagine there are plenty of local stores to buy these snacks in, as well.

Once, we ordered extra granola from room service at breakfast, to put it in a ziploc for snacks on shore. It turned out we never even thought to eat it, since we were so busy on shore.

Dried fruit in sealed packages would be ok, as would Glucerna snack & mini-snack bars. The problem with fresh fruit is the same the world over, countries worry a great deal about imported pests affecting their agriculture.

hi--ok-- no comments from me except to say--I know Bermuda can be pretty damn pricey for snacks, etc. at the beach.....my Mom is Bermudian and we have spent many summers there. Since then, I have made many trips back and was lucky enough to stay with family or friends. Feel ok in telling you that I always packed one bag of clothes and one of groceries!! And the carry on of frozen meats!!

my last cruise with my kids, I knew they'd want snacks at the beach (who would be looking for a meal with all that food on the ship??) and I knew that they'd be looking for treats at the beach!

I packed pringles and licorice and the like--was looking for easy traveling, space saving things!

True story--we get off the ship in St. George's and the signs are there about bringing food from the ship into Bermuda. My youngest was 11 and she was panicked--I think she thought I was going to get locked up!!

She looks at the sign--then looks at me and says "MOM, MOM". Of course the powers that be saw this exchange and say--"M'am, may we check your bags?" I told them I had packaged goods ---pringles and licorice, none opened and they said fine!!

Told my DH--remind me never to rob a bank with that kid!! LOL!!

The only local that would look down on you for bringing your own is the one who owns the concession trying to sell you overpriced snacks and drinks!!! My Bermudian family flies stand by and comes to NY with empty suitcases to shop!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey thanks for a ll the suggestions. i didnt even think of the gronola bars or anything. i figured fruit b/c i love it! i am not big into gronola bars or dried food. i am always thirsty. its really not a huge deal i just didnt want to have to waste time looking for a place to grab a snack. i know i have so many t hings planned and trying to get them all in will be a challange. i guess as soon asi get off the ship i will look for stuff to grab to eat and bring with me. thanks again!

i guess as soon asi get off the ship i will look for stuff to grab to eat and bring with me. thanks again!

Take your munchies from home. If you're docking in St. George there is a grocery store as well as some other stores handy. But if you're docking at Dockyard, finding something will be more limited.

Archived