Just back from freedom... Late Embarcation

I just got back from the 4/13 freedom of the seas cruise. I had read alot of people post how they were onboard by 11:30 and just couldn't get to the rooms until 1. Knowing this we arrived around 11:15, quickly made it through security and check in and then wound up in a very long line. It turns out that they were not allowing bording yet and it wasn't until around 1:30 that they started letting people on board. Also even though the captain once onboard announced we would be sailing at about ten after 5, we didnt sail until about 6:30. Anyone out there who was either on the previouse weeks cruise that may know of any problems that may have caused the delay or anyone with some insight on possible causes? Curiosity is getting the better of me here.

Thanks for the info. I do wish they had informed people though on the delay or what not so as to not have people get through the whole process then just have to stand in a line waiting in a hallway for 2 hours wondering why. An explanation in line would have atleast eased some of the impatience.

Thanks for the info. I do wish they had informed people though on the delay or what not so as to not have people get through the whole process then just have to stand in a line waiting in a hallway for 2 hours wondering why. An explanation in line would have atleast eased some of the impatience.

That's probably why they advertize the boarding time as 2:00pm

Archived