Overnight Parking In Lahaina, Hawaii

FSA

Hello,

We are on Radiance with RCCL in May. We will be renting a car from Alamo for 2 days and wanted to know if there is really "secure" parking overnight in Lahaina, at the harbor. If anyone knows of a specific location they have used and how much it cost we would appreciate knowing about it. We are a little nervous about parking the car overnight in the "free parking" lots where the vehicle could be vulnerable.

Many thanks, in advance, for any help you can give us.

Hi FSA. We're on your cruise and also plan on renting cars in every port. There is a public lot on Luakini Street we plan on using. I don't know if it is free or not, but we will pay to have it secure. If you use google earth you can get a nice color print out of the area showing the lots right behind Front Street. Hopefully someone else will answer who has been there and wants to share the information. Are you ready???

Hi FSA. We're on your cruise and also plan on renting cars in every port. There is a public lot on Luakini Street we plan on using. I don't know if it is free or not, but we will pay to have it secure. If you use google earth you can get a nice color print out of the area showing the lots right behind Front Street. Hopefully someone else will answer who has been there and wants to share the information. Are you ready???

Hi Lazygal.

I remember you. I had noticed you were not posting much recently on the Roll Call so it is nice to talk to you again. Thanks for the information. The only thing I had not done yet was google the Lahaina harbor area so I will do that. Hopefully there is at least one parking lot that is secure and somebody will confirm that. It's nice to know someone else is looking to park overnight in Lahaina as well. We plan to do the Hana Hwy drive so need to have the car as late as possible on the first day or be able to jump into the car very early on the second day (I hear it takes 3.5 hours to drive down there...)

We are pretty much ready for the trip. Have lists of everything we are going to buy for the trip and we will go shopping next weekend. We will probably get clothes sorted on the weekend as well.

We got pretty nervous about what was happening with the airlines and decided to drive to San Diego on Friday afternoon, so we can be sure that an airline cannot screw things up for us on the day. So we have a fun road trip coming (from Phoenix to OldTown SD) on May 2nd.

Hope to hear from you again. Take care.

Feisel

I heard the road to Hana is very nice, but I didn't want to spend all day in a car after the crossing, so we opted for a trip to lao valley and the gardens/plantation and snorkling. Busy days after the days at sea.

I need to start packing - lol. Oh, we were on ATA and lost about $600 and I had my share of nerves. In hindsight, we should have driven too! My husband has wanted to drive cross country (not me). All we can do now is hope for the best. I wish you and your wife a wonderful cruise experience. I think it is going to be a great one. Won't be long now. I have an entire book of notes and printouts and maps and reminders. It weighs too much to take, but it's going.

I heard the road to Hana is very nice, but I didn't want to spend all day in a car after the crossing, so we opted for a trip to lao valley and the gardens/plantation and snorkling. Busy days after the days at sea.

I need to start packing - lol. Oh, we were on ATA and lost about $600 and I had my share of nerves. In hindsight, we should have driven too! My husband has wanted to drive cross country (not me). All we can do now is hope for the best. I wish you and your wife a wonderful cruise experience. I think it is going to be a great one. Won't be long now. I have an entire book of notes and printouts and maps and reminders. It weighs too much to take, but it's going.

We are also going to Iao Valley. I have seen pictures of it and looks breathtaking. We will be going there on Day 2 before hitting a couple of beaches. Researching for this cruise I have come to the conclusion that there is way too much to see on the islands and you probably need several trips to see everything. I have a feeling we will be going back to HI very soon after this first trip.

I hope you do not have any issues with the airlines. I don't blame anyone who even considers driving across the country because the air carriers have become so unreliable now. Hopefully you will be fine though. Have a great cruise. Our pledge on every cruise is to do as much relaxation as possible. We always do that and always enjoy ourselves.

Take care.

Feisel

Archived