"Covered pool" for Baltic cruise on Crown?

sashas_mom

We'll be on the Crown for a Baltic cruise May 20th, and I was wondering if there is a Pool with a cover, will it be available and should I bring my suit? Do you think it will be warm enough in there to do some excersize in that pool? I've used the "covered" pool on the Coral and wasn't sure if the Crown had one. Thanks.

We sailed to the caribbean from NYC in mid October and found the spa pool area to be well protected from the cold wind on sea days. There are also pools on the back of the ship that are also protected from the wind.

I wouldn't worry about having an uncovered pool on this ship because it is so well designed to avoid cold winds. We love Crown Princess.

I have not been on the Crown .... but would expect the Calypso Reef pool to have a retractable roof just like the rest of the Grand Class ships we have sailed.
We have sailed on the Crown four times and I can tell you you're going to be disappointed if you expect the Calypso Reef & Pool to be covered.

Lew

I'm glad I asked and frankly very surprised they don't have a retractable roof on at least one pool. I do wonder what their thinking was on this. Some people can't be in direct sun due to meds, etc. the retractable roof pool helped with this as well as cooler days at sea. Thanks for the replies.

Some people can't be in direct sun due to meds' date=' etc. the retractable roof pool helped with this as well as cooler days at sea.[/quote']There is plenty of shade to be had on the deck 15. There is just so much sun I can take and will always get out of the sun after about an hour.

If you can't find a lounge chair, ask a pool attendant to bring one down from deck 16.

Lew

Archived