Current Shows on QM2

bonni99

Hi- havent posted in a while since my last cruise on QM2 was in December 2006! Have booked for the Riviera rendezvouz in September and wonder if anyone could tell me what the current production shows are? I am pretty sure they will be the same as when we first sailed in April 2004- any idea when the shows might change! Despite having seen it several times I have a bit of a soft spot for Rock at the Opera- a bit cheesy but enjoyable nevertheless! Thanks!

The cast have changed, the old lot are on the QV, but Rock at the Opera is still there and IMO, much improved. There is also another favourite, the name of which escapes me, a single word ending in ia, ooo my brain:rolleyes:

Hi- havent posted in a while since my last cruise on QM2 was in December 2006! Have booked for the Riviera rendezvouz in September and wonder if anyone could tell me what the current production shows are? I am pretty sure they will be the same as when we first sailed in April 2004- any idea when the shows might change! Despite having seen it several times I have a bit of a soft spot for Rock at the Opera- a bit cheesy but enjoyable nevertheless! Thanks!

I was on the QM2 in February and Rock at the Opera was on then. I am travelling on QM2 again from New York to Southampton on Monday 28th April 2008 and wondered if anyone knows which band are currently playing in G32?

Thanks for all your replies! Interesting that Apassionata is listed as their newest offering- Im pretty sure I saw that in 2004!

Will be good to see the show with new cast then- although I think 4 plus years of the same shows is pushing it a bit!

Bonni99,

You're right about Apassionata being around in 2004. We saw it in March 2004. In fact, the shows haven't changed at all from QM2's first year. It would be nice to have some new shows. But on a positive note, since we've already seen the shows, are evenings are free to try other activities, which is nice.

We were on QM2 in January this year - meeting of the 3 Queens - and we were extremely disappointed with the entertainment on board. It was dismal and dreary and, surely to goodness, Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland should be laid to rest by now. And we are not in our first flush of youth!

I can't believe that Rock at the Opera and Appasionata have been around for so long - we have previously travelled only with Thomson - a budget cruise line - just to get our sea legs - and they change the shows (of which there are 5 or 6 a week) every six months and they are every bit as good as the Cunard ones - in fact, my husband has just said that they are better! Also, the rest of the entertainment on board the Thomson ships is a lot more fun and varied. We absolutely loved everything about the QM2 except the entertainment which, unfortunately, rather puts us off Cunard any time in the near future.

The others are due to be phased out according to David Pepper.

I hate to ask but do you have much faith in what David Pepper tells you? The last I heard from him he was saying not to mark the cruise staff down on the comment cards because of just one poor person - him!

However they did change all the shows on the QE2 midway through her world cruise. That could well be an indication that they'll be changing on the Mary soon as well.

David Pepper - as our time has passed - our memories of him have not faded. We still laugh about him in our house. Our kids do impersonations. We found him incredibly declasse. He seemed to do his best to make it a cruise ship - much to the annoyance of many of us. Ours was his first voyage as Cruise Director - or whatever the equivalent title was.

As a producer of theater, I spoke to him about the shows. Overall, I found the dancers were pretty good, but the singers were some of the worst i had ever heard in a professional setting.

Belinda King Productions in the UK is responsible for these shows. I think she must be laughing all the way to the bank. I too, was horrified at the Judy Garland piece. It was almost on the brink of parody. Cunard just buys these shows which BKP put together. Makes me think I should go into a new line of work!

Paul

It always make me laugh thinking of Zing Went the Strings as I made my partner go and we could only get a seat in the far corner of the lower level of the theatre and I fell asleep and he couldnt get past me to escape- i slept through the whole thing and he had to endure it!! And it was bad! It is interesting to read other people's posts which say other ships change the shows ever 6 months- I would think 1 year is enough- I look forward to sailing and seeing something new maybe next year!

Like you, were sailed in 2004 and in 2007 made our 4th trip. The shows were the same on each sailing. However, in 2007, we were told that some of the shows would be changing in 2008. Let's hope someone who has sailed recently will soon report that they have seen the new shows.

Beth

Archived