If you had to choose... Belize? or Roatan?

BeagleMommy

I'm a PADI instructor, used to work in Belize and have dived out of Coco View many times. Here's my 2 cents worth

1. Belize or Roatan - I'd do Roatan assuming you have a good operator. In Belize you'll by diving off Ambergris or Caye Calker, big tourist destinations, not the best diving in Belize. Hugh Parkey died a few years ago. As far as I know the operation was continued by his wife. If you want more information you might want to check the forums at http://www.scubaboard.com/ , lots of info.

2. Coco View - good comments above. My favorite place on Roatan. Get cactus juice for the sand flys. Food is good but plain. Nothing to do but dive:D

Hello ! well isn't that news. I did write to them and nothing was mentioned to me about such a move and the op for better dive boats. Will have to write again. How did you come across such fast info?? Luckey Gal!

Oh and thank you so much for the compliment Em_Eman! that was kind of you! I have heard the same bout the food and whilst I was at the Dive Expo in SecaucusNJ I stopped at their booth .. they said that they were aware of these types of responses and had hired a new chef to offset this "distasteful" expectation! She said that if you went now.. the food would wow you!!. Will await a wow from someone in the audience.. Anyone been there this past 4 months??:confused: ** cant beat that cactus juice for bugs!

Archived