2 News In Newspaper About Cruising In Colombia

patry

Hi Today In Our Local Newspaper There Were 2 News Cruise Releated. The First One Was That While In Cartagena A Passanger From Millenium Cruise Stealed An Esmerald Ring From A Local Jewlry Store. They Found The Esmerald On Her She Is 65 Years Old.

And The Other One Is That Disney Is Coming To Colombia On August!!!!

For some reason, Columbia isn't on the top of my list of favorite places to be thrown in jail.:eek:

Yikes. Stupid people.

uhmmmm don´t know if i liked that statment!!!:confused:

For some reason, Columbia isn't on the top of my list of favorite places to be thrown in jail.:eek:

Yikes. Stupid people.

Horror Fan - That wasn't very nice!

Just like a city, there are honest and dishonest persons everywhere you go. For some reason, people tend to think that everyone on vacation is a good person.

Disney sailing to Columbia? That's something to look into. Thanks for the links!

Did I say something bad?

Maybe the way I said it was misinterpreted?

Let me try again.

Boy, I wouldn't want to be thrown in jail in Columbia for stealing!

Tourists that steal in Columbia are stupid, maybe even moreso than if they steal in thier own hometown.

Is that clearer?

Did I say something bad?

Maybe the way I said it was misinterpreted?

Let me try again.

Boy, I wouldn't want to be thrown in jail in Columbia for stealing!

Tourists that steal in Columbia are stupid, maybe even moreso than if they steal in thier own hometown.

Is that clearer?

patry, the OP lives in Colombia. I believe your comment was considered an insult. ;)

I wouldn't want to be thrown in jail in any town or country!:eek:

Let me make this even clearer, in case I have still offended someone.

I'm sure the jails in Columbia are very nice, as far as jails go. But being thrown in jail in any foreign country is probably not a picnic, especially one where you likely can't even speak the language. And I think that anyone who takes a chance like that and steals is pretty dumb.

So have at me if you wish, but I don't really see why what I have said is' not very nice'.

Ok?

don´t worry be happy!!! i just wanted to share some news!!!

and about disney iam so happy since lots o cruises are comming to colombia from usa europe and that´s a big deal for our industry and so many people see another face to my lovely country!!!!

hasta luego!!!!

That is correct! The Disney Magic is repositioning from LA back to Port Canaveral & one of their stops is Cartagena. It's a 15 night cruise that stops in Cabo, Puerta Vallarta, Acapulco, Cartagena, Aruba & their private island Castaway Cay. I'm really looking forward to the stop in Cartagena. It looks absolutely beautiful!

HorrorFan, even tho I had to read it twice, I understood what you meant in the first of your posts here. You didn't mean it as a slam against Columbia, you meant it as a slam against stupid people.

It's true, a jail anywhere isn't where anyone should want to be. In a foriegn country would be even worse because of language barriers along with steel ones!

allshookup - Thank you for that information about other stops. :)

patry - Help me out with the other story. Did the woman drop the ring in a bucket of water in a church when she was discovered, or in an alley?:o

After reading the article (and not looking up words in my dictionary which I should have done!) I took it to mean that she was sitting outside somewhere waiting for a tourist bus and when she saw cops approaching she let the ring (inside a bag) fall into a sewer grate.

If I have this wrong and someone who is more fluent than I am wants to chime in, you've got me curious now!!!

After reading the article (and not looking up words in my dictionary which I should have done!) I took it to mean that she was sitting outside somewhere waiting for a tourist bus and when she saw cops approaching she let the ring (inside a bag) fall into a sewer grate.

If I have this wrong and someone who is more fluent than I am wants to chime in, you've got me curious now!!!

That makes sense. I ended up using an online translation and saw the words Holy Sunday and housekeepers water. Holy Sunday must have been the name of a street and housekeepers bucket the sewer. :D Lucky that the shop keeper saw her drop the ring in the grate.

Thieves amaze me! :eek: The only time I have seen a thief in action was at garage sales at my home. What people will do to save a few dollars...switching tags, claiming that they paid my DH when they didn't. :rolleyes:

Yikes. Stupid people.

So just do you want to go to jail? :D

I tend to agree if a US citizen I'd really suggest avoiding jail outside the USA...may not be as friendly as you might expect especially where the USA helps run narcotics trafficing busts with the local govenments.

Archived