Flight intinerary not showing up on some travel websites

Bobbigrl27

I booked flights last month from DTW to MIA for our November cruise. I have been checking the intinerary frequently because I read on these boards that Delta makes schedule changes quite often. When I checked today, I noticed that none of the travel websites (travelocity, Kayak), shows my particular intinerary as being available. However, when I check directly on Delta's website, it comes up and there are plenty of seats available. Has anyone else ever experienced this or am I just being paranoid???:confused:

The TA's that you are checking have sold out of tickets for the route. There are still tickets available through the Delta website, but the flight may be oversold.

Just curious-why would you check a third party website to see if your flight times have changed???? A third party website MAY NOT have up to date information. Always check DIRECTLY with the airline.

And if you are using the airline seat map to tell how many seats are available on a particular flight-VERY UNRELIABLE. Quite a few people may be booked on a particular flight who have NOT chosen seats-business travelers who book through corporate travel depts and cruise air pax who have not chosen seats are just two examples.

Just curious-why would you check a third party website to see if your flight times have changed???? A third party website MAY NOT have up to date information. Always check DIRECTLY with the airline.

I normally do check on the Delta website to see if there are any schedule changes, but then I went to Kayak just to see if there were flights on other airlines that were less expensive. I just happened to notice that my flight wasn't coming up. I know it's crazy, but I have 6 months to obsess over whether or not I got a good deal on my airfare!

If you are flying on Delta, one of the airlines monitored by yapta.com, I'd register the flight with them and they will check it 4 times a day and let you know by email if you are eligible for a credit if fares decrease sufficiently. The service is free.

Archived