RCCL Legend of the Seas to Hawaii 11/21/04

Although this is a step down from Celebrity for some, there is a 'fridge', and carpets too. Why not sign up for the Meet and Mingle and meet the rest of the posters onboard?

Dave S.

Just got back last week from Hawaii. We didn't cruise RCCL, but try this link [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93997,"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93997,[/url] it'll give you an idea of some of the things we did. We booked everything on our own, nothing through the ship.

[quote name='Wor Lad']Although this is a step down from Celebrity for some, there is a 'fridge', and carpets too. Why not sign up for the Meet and Mingle and meet the rest of the posters onboard?

Dave S.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dave/Wor Lad. WE HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED.Hope to see you at the M and M.
Cheers Antony

Now I doubt my memory about the 'fridge. We need someone with working brain cells to remember. Our daughter was on the Legend in June; I'll ask her. RC's website is not clear on the subject and a brochure I have talks about 'mini bars'.

Man! Am I ready for this break. I really enjoy work but once in a while I need to step back to keep it fresh. Just got back from Minneapolis last night wid a code id du dose. Not to be outdone, my Honey has one too and of course it's much worse. But not bad enough to stop the packing which I might add is still in it's infancy. I'll do mine the night before we leave to fill in any vacant space in the wheelies if there is any. Otherwise it's a grocery sack for me again, paper of course. I now have one of those T-shirts that looks like a Tux for the formals so prepare to be dazzeled. It goes well with my cycling tights and neon flip flops 'coz I checked just now in the bathroom. Also have some wooden stakes, a mallet, a stuffed Pit Bull, fake snake, and some yellow crime scene tape to section off my area between the pool and pool bar. There's nothing like a snake in the pool to clear it out so I can get some laps in. Then - get this - I look like a hero when I catch it and the crowd goes wild every time. Like I said; need working brain cells and a break.

Wor Lad -
Guess what? My hubby and I are cubbing down wid a cold too! His started yesterday and mine early this morning. Thank GOD that it started now and not after we board the ship. I'm hoping this illness will make me immune to anything going around on the ship. Our 12 year old is just getting over CROUP - yuck! I figured we'd get something with that in the house. Hope you and yours feel better soon!
PC

Hey, my cold is much worse than Wor Lad's..and I had it first! Today, I am starting to feel more human again. Thank goodness it is this week and not during the cruise. Sorry to hear that you have come down with colds too...miserable hey? Every tiime we travel...( on planes, one of us of both gets sick) Lost my voice for two days on our last cruise in Jan. Wor lad was thrilled!

Doing the doc dance today...they arrived! Must get back to packing now; shoes ten, Wor lad nill. *S*

Hey Jevey, Wor Lad, Patriotic cruiser,
Sorry to hear about your colds. Maybe this cold Michigan weather helps our immunity. I haven't started packing yet. But I look at the luggage every few days and think about what I could put in it. Does that count? I'm jealous about all of the shoes you get to bring. I can only wear a pair and bring two (tennies, sandals and dress shoes). How sad is that. With the condensed packing I'm about to do I will probably wear at least one or two garments twice during the cruise and the same shoes EVERY NIGHT and unless I choose to wear all black, the shoes WILL NOT MATCH MY OUTFIT! Isn't that pathetic? I wonder if there's room for extra shoes in the golf bag. Surely my husband could leave behind a few clubs to make room for the necessities...
I'm trying to think of a good place to meet up since there are so many choices. Is everyone split between 1st and 2nd seating for dinner? (we have 1st) If so, the 2nd day would probably be best.

Hey Anthony, That could work if everyone agrees. I wonder if we could ask for round tables for easier chatting. Yes, time is drawing near, particularly for you. Don't you leave in about a week for your first round? Regarding your question about the fridge in the cabin, we started out in an inside for the first night which I don't believe had a fridge. We then moved to a Jr. suite that did, as I remember putting our flower lei's. Have you planned your island activities yet? It's nice that you have 21 days to do different things. When we end our cruise, I've rented a beach house on the North shore of Oahu for a few days. Hopefully we'll be able to see some surfing and have a few more days to relax before the long flight home.

Have I missed the boat? Late but still on board :)

I've posted in the other thread, we *are* registered for meet & mingle.
yes. This will be the first half of our back to back, we're on the 2nd half out of HNL also.

Glad to see people are happy about going. We've had our sickies last week, just finishing up the antibiotics now so hopefully *crosses fingers* no more Ickies!

Unnaturaly female as I am. I've not started packing yet. Will likely wait till 2 days before the trip like the last one, then cram entire closet into one bag at the 50 pound limit. Not to mention duffle for our snorkel/scuba gear.

We (Husband Erik and myself {Cynthia}) have late seating dinner and on the first night might not make it that long! :D We have an early flight out of Phoenix up at 6am, we'll arrive in SandyEggo at like 9am *cries* then we sit... and wait, and wait some more. We were told that bus departures start at 2pm at Terminal 2 by the American Airlines Baggage Claim™! Then a lurvely 4 hour bus ride (with no food we were told) to Ensenada. Where we wait more while they pile all our luggage in one pile and we pray we get to see it again. Then onto the boat, and by this time I think ready to eat a quick bite and pass out. I know we won't be awake by departure time at midnight, unless we've napped & gotten up, but I doubt it. :)
Breakfast on the Monday would be just peachy keen! Shall we pick a time? We know we must be to the pool early to get a spot ;)

See you all soon! We're staying in room 6610, starboard-aft, and we'll have a lovely CruiseCritic sign on our door :) hope that's everything!
Yay! lets go!

0800 Hrs is okay with me although it may be a bit early considering most of you will have joined the ship just the day before?
I can organize with the Maitre.de the tables.I dont know the layout.Chances are that there are 3 or 4 Dining Room entrances.
We need to get a bit more feedback especially time to meet.
Time is running out for me as i fly out of Sydney on the 11th at 2150hrs.
Oops you may say i will miss the ship?However we also cross the time line which means we arrive in Honolulu at approx 1015 hrs on the morning of the 11th.The only thing that wont feel good is me.Iam going straight to the ship from the airport.
Anthony

So come on Join us for Breakfast.

22nd November At Sea.
Cruise Critic Breakfast
Romeo Juliette Dining Room
Time.?????????

8:am? Hmm....well if I make it, I'll be the one with bed hair and a "Don't wake me till it's over" look. Hubby will be there ...he is always an early bird.

Doing the doc dance at the moment, they arrived on Friday. Our colds have just gone out the back door, so we are ready to boogie!

Nobody is going anywhere so we can make it later.None of us have to rush to to catch a train.I dont care neither does IcewolfAZ.
Why dont we make it 0900hrs.If you get peckish before you have a coffee etc elswhere and if its too late for some simply come and join us for coffee.
Your on Holiday enjoy and nobody has to rush to do anything.
Anthony

Why a Union Jack?Do both then we will know its our group.How funny.
From my limited cruising experiences they usually only open one door in the Dining room for breakfast.Though who knows?I noted on the deck plans that decks 4 and 5 are dining room.There would be entries on both levels.The upper levels assuming would only be used during peak times ie evenings.Why dont we simply gather on the upper level 5 Port Side and walk down to the entry level when we are ready to enter.
What do you think?Any other ideas would be good.
Anthony

9am sounds good to me. We could probably make the 8am slot also, but why push it, we're on vacation! Campingman, it would be great if you could set it up with the Maitre'd. As we arrive, we could tell them we are with the Cruise Critic group. You could ask for two large (round tables) side by side. I believe there are only two entrances into the dining room as they usually have only one floor open for breakfast. The important thing would be to tell the waiter as you arrive that you are with the cruise critic group so they don't seat you randomly with other people.
The ship's time will gradually be adjusted over the course of the cruise. We'll start out on west coast time, then they'll make announcements periodically to set your watches back an hour. It makes for a nice easy transition (except for Campingman of course, who should be all screwed up traveling back and forth through several time zones). Ah, but he does get an extra 10 days to relax before we join him. I decided I don't feel too sorry for him.

Archived