Photos of the Amsterdam sailing out of NYC 4/24

x lindsay x

It was my pleasure to go down to see the ship leaving town, so I am more than glad to share the photos with you all. I was telling my mom who is considering one of the Amsterdam Alaska cruises that I would sneak on board and meet her in Seattle. Obviously my plan didn't quite work out.

xLindsay x, we have about 80 people signed up on CC for that August 28th cruise on the Eurodam. maybe you'd like to come doen and we could do a wave from the bow of the ship. What do you think?

I think that's a great idea! As long as someone could navigate me close enough to the ship I would be more than happy to snap some pictures so we could have a first ever NYC wave.

My wife was driving by the piers yesterday with my 13 yr old - who promptly called me at WORK to tell me she was in port and that she looked beautiful - and how jealous was I....:)

oh to be sailing out on her from New York on what was a beautiful spring day in NY....

So I went down to Battery Park City just in time to catch the Amsterdam making her way down the Hudson yesterday afternoon. It's always great to see HAL ships in New York City. Here's a link to some of the pictures I took. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563214665zeJgLX

I tried to get to the end of the pier on 42nd street but got out of work later than I had hoped and the the subway was so slow that by the time I was a block away, I saw her sail by. :(

I should have stayed downtown and joined you in Battery Park.

I was also toying with the idea of taking the Staten Island ferry back and forth but it is such a crap shoot to get the timing right for the two vessels to pass close by each other. I got it right once with the QM2 and once with (I think) the Crown Princess (or the Grand Princess).

xLindsay x, we have about 80 people signed up on CC for that August 28th cruise on the Eurodam. maybe you'd like to come doen and we could do a wave from the bow of the ship. What do you think?

I'd rather be on the Eurodam with you... but my partner is starting to think that I am becoming cruise obsessed. :(

Lindsay, it's really esay to get close to the ship. I did it back in the fall of the past year and got some great shots of the Noordam during the muster drill and as she was leaving. Of course, DH co operated and pulled into the area where the bueses drop people off...right next to the ship. The buses were all done so no one cared. One security officer came by, said hello, and DH told him his wife was this crazy lady from Cruise Critic and had to get some pictures. No one cared. The longshoremen even co operated and let me take shots as they let go the lines. It was lots of fun. Maybe as we get closer to the sail date I can give you explicit directions of where to go.

It would be sooo great to have a NYC wave.

mamaofami-

As it gets closer drop me a line : lindsay dot empric at gmail dot com

I would probably be coming on foot, would that make a difference? I could always hop in a cab if the only access is via car/bus. I would love to get the wave pictures but also have time to make it down to one of the piers in Chelsea/Battery Park as she sails out.

mamaofami-

I would probably be coming on foot, would that make a difference? I could always hop in a cab if the only access is via car/bus. I would love to get the wave pictures but also have time to make it down to one of the piers in Chelsea/Battery Park as she sails out.

There's a pier just north of 42nd street that is open to the public too.

mamaofami-

I will surely do that. It would be so great to have a NYC wave.:)

I'd rather be on the Eurodam with you... but my partner is starting to think that I am becoming cruise obsessed. :(

That's exactly what I was thinking. I doubt that I will be joining this sailing anytime soon (I think it's sold out, or close to it) so I might as well take part in the wave, from land.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I doubt that I will be joining this sailing anytime soon (I think it's sold out, or close to it) so I might as well take part in the wave, from land.

If you really want to sail this cruise, someone just joined our roll call ysterday. Maybe it's not sold out.

Archived